New Guy: Lookin For A Glanza Or Gtt

Hi guys, i'm looking to get my first starlet. Got a focus at the moment and either going to sell or swap it. I've had an offer by some one from piston heads to swap this weekend. Im not too sure about it though.

It looks almost too good to swap for. The person advertising it is only looking for 3000. It has forged pistons and a hybrid turbo etc. Running over 200bhp with 52,000 miles on it

What do you think?

hey mate im new to this aswelll :) have seen the car your on about i would first go have a look , as it memory shows right it has to have a new window and lock , but it kinda does seem to good to be true to be honest with you, but no harm in looking

thanks hope i helped .

Could be print out from previous owner :) ;) not too sure about the whole thing. He's now told me on the last mot it had advisories of wheels bearings needing replaced. Starting to sound like it may take a bit of work. He wants to meet saturday so it might be worth a look even if it is quite a bit away.

Any ideas if insurance will be expensive. I'm 18 with 1 years NCB???

make sure you give it a good going over mate, does seem too good to be true but sometimes gambles pay off!

well im 19 with 1yr ncb and im just over a £100 a month with sky insurance with every little thing declared! :)

lol why does noone check insurance first. expensive is not the word. will be lucky if they dont ask you to bend over :) . good luck though

@andy - thats a good price. was payin that for my sportif. im 20 n been driving for almost 3 years but no no claims because i was named drivewr for so long

yeah i was happy with it, only 3rd party though which is a bit of a nob. but hey ho i wanted a glanza and i dont drive like an idiot!

yeah defo get your own policy, first years a rip off but after that your away! im looking at getting an s14 when my policy is out, bell were quoting about £1300-1500 which is much cheapness id say :)

• 2 weeks later...

insurance is a killer, altho i'm only £24 a month thats me 26, 5yrs ncb and 9 points and my last s14a i was £33 a month.

andy - you sure you want a s14? lol. my last one went tits up after 2wks on the road and there quite thirsty beasts! but you do get one hella grin factor when your sideways kinda makes it worth it. im itching to get my s13 thats in the garage on the road

good luck with your search buddy., whats your focus like?

Found a quote with admiral for £1009 fully comp so guna take that:D

My Focus was pretty much standard just a set of team dynamics wheels koni springs and a piperx kit thats bout it. Sold it Monday so will hopefully have a starlet this weekend:D