Wee Bit Of Help Please?:)

when me and my mate were taking the head off my car we noticed that the end of the exhaust side cam has cracked and is now broken...

so i orderd another set of 2nd hand cams, now this is where i need the help?

do i need to do anything to the head or is it ok to just put the cam straight back in?and am i best just to change the cam that is broke or both?

help would be great :)

you should be able to just replace them mate and its a tuff call about weither to change both or not because you dont no what is stronger but i would say as they are a pair change them both as they are ment to be togeva :)

hope this helps you just remember to bolt them down evenly and would be best to change the cam seals aswell just to be safe ;)

yer mate i did :) its best to but at the head shop they should check it with a straight edge or you might have to ask erm to but if you getin the head all built you might aswell do it and at my garage wen they are skimmed we just trim the dowls in the block that the head sits on a lil built to make sure the head sits flat so ask them about that ;) might not need doing though

checked it today with an edge and ther is the smalest of small gap lol...so just to be safe im geting it done..i got quoted £40 for a skim..i dont know wat they will charge for puting the new seals and that in though.

when i took the head out today i was told to take the caps on the top of the valves(sorry i dont know what you call them)... do you think i should leave them all in when it goes or am i best to take all the wee bits i can off apart from the valves?