Fitted Mr2 Roadster Alloys

good evening folks,

Picked up a mint set of mr2 roadster wheels last night, Have them fitted to the glanza now with Standard Wheel nuts. Wanted to ensure this was safe? they seem safe enough but i read somewhere about using different nuts?

Also, although I've upgraded from skinny Steelies to Alloys, The steering is little bit but noticeably heavier and the tyre's Have the correct PSI. Is this just because i've changed over to bigger/wider Alloys?

Regards

good evening folks,

Picked up a mint set of mr2 roadster wheels last night, Have them fitted to the glanza now with Standard Wheel nuts. Wanted to ensure this was safe? they seem safe enough but i read somewhere about using different nuts?

Also, although I've upgraded from skinny Steelies to Alloys, The steering is little bit but noticeably heavier and the tyre's Have the correct PSI. Is this just because i've changed over to bigger/wider Alloys?

Regards

It would have been advisable to use the mr2 nuts too as they will run a different taper.

Damien

The wheels didnt come with nuts mate

i was concerned with the Steel nuts grinding down the 'Alloy' wheels, The steel is made of a much tougher material so when doing the wheels up, it would just wind and wind up slowly grinding the Alloy.

Anyhow i've invested in some Alloy nuts now, so Job done & thread answered.

ive got those wheels and use the standard nuts. the mr2 ones dont have a different taper they are a totaly different nut. mines have been fine mate but i also want the mr2 nuts just to be 100% sure there ok. your wheels now cover more surface area thus more friction so they prob will feel heavier. you got the 205's on the back?

ive got those wheels and use the standard nuts. the mr2 ones dont have a different taper they are a totaly different nut. mines have been fine mate but i also want the mr2 nuts just to be 100% sure there ok. your wheels now cover more surface area thus more friction so they prob will feel heavier. you got the 205's on the back?

yes i got the 205's on the rear mate, have you? I Didnt get mr2 nuts with the wheels, so for 1 night i had them fitted with standard 'Steelie' nuts, Everyone said it wasnt a good idea so bought some toyota alloy ones today. Sure they'll be fine =]

personally bud i would use the proper mr2 nuts, i have seen beforeat work that someone has used the wrong nuts on wheels and i siriously dont advise it to say the least. better to be safe than sorry to be honest