Matey Boi Fully Confused Me On Rrfpr!

i was chattin 2 a matey on tgtt on rrfpr and by the end i was just confused. i tried to do sum research on em and it seems i jus cant get the answers i need!! i didnt wana query the kid i wer speakin 2 because he waz gettin shitty lol!! cans omeone please clear it up 4 me??

he said "The STOCK fuel pressure IS NOT adjustable above stock (max) pressure

People buy aftermarket ones so you can adjust the max fuel pressure to run more boost"

this says to me that you cannot run and higher fuel pressure than stock levels...but what is the point of the adjustable regulator then. surley an adjustable regulator adjusts fuel pressure no?!? and when you run higher boost you can set the regulator to run the higher pressure needed under these conditions??

please help lol!!

i was chattin 2 a matey on tgtt on rrfpr and by the end i was just confused. i tried to do sum research on em and it seems i jus cant get the answers i need!! i didnt wana query the kid i wer speakin 2 because he waz gettin shitty lol!! cans omeone please clear it up 4 me??

he said "The STOCK fuel pressure IS NOT adjustable above stock (max) pressure

People buy aftermarket ones so you can adjust the max fuel pressure to run more boost"

this says to me that you cannot run and higher fuel pressure than stock levels...but what is the point of the adjustable regulator then. surley an adjustable regulator adjusts fuel pressure no?!? and when you run higher boost you can set the regulator to run the higher pressure needed under these conditions??

please help lol!!

I read the thread earlier. Dont know if this would make it any clearer but it made perfect sense to me.

If you want to run a different turbo set up or even a FCD ARRFPR combo. You would obviously need to have a ARRFPR to give the extra fuelling needed to run over the stock ECU fuel limit.

Even a stock FPR is Rising Rate so an Adjustable one is needed so you can increase the fuel going to the fuel rail.

If this post doesnt make sense its because I am steaming :thumbsup:

Sorry to not be able to help with your answer, but can you stop typing like a chav please? Might help you get a response quicker aswell since it won't take about a week to read a paragraph.

Thanks.

im cut too, will try and explain some more.

once you fit a rising rate fual pressure regulator then you can up the boost, but you will also need something like an fcc or fcd to bypass fual cut.

alot of people do this , its the cheapest way to a bar. the tune might not be spot on but you wil still get a chunk of power by doing this.

some people dont recomend this though, in exteem cases it can lead to boar wash.

once you have this and an fcd on go for a fualling check then turn the actuater or ebc up to a bar and say good by to most things on the road

hope that helped some

ps from what i can make out your mate might have been talking shit.

but he said that you cannot adjust pressure above the stock levels?? you understand what i mean?? was he avin me on??

From what I can remember I think he meant with the stock FPR, thats where you must of been getting confused.

can you run the stock fpr if running higher boost than standard?? or is it maxed out??

Yes you can with the right management to adjust fuelling. I was running 1bar on my standard turbo and FPR with an Emanage ECU and the supporting stage one modifications. I made 185hp :thumbsup:

Glad to have helped mate

• 1 month later...

see i'm not a huge fan of this either because raising the fuel pressure means the injectors will be flowing slightly more fuel when ever there operating, so even in the midrange map when you don't actually need any more flow, but it will increase fuel flow at topend where its needed when running 1 bar.

ideally you want to run some kind of fueling computer when you do this, raise the fuel pressure to effectivly increase the size of the injectors, then use the fueling computer to pull the extra fuel back from the midrange where its not needed.

yes you'll get more peak power with raising the fuel pressure to let you run 1 bar but you'll also kill the torque in the low down and midrange revs by running rich in a back to back comparison of running a correct fueling midrange and not.

Tim

TB Developments

dont know what it is confusing you mate, but i'l try to simplify it if you aint got it

the RRFPR. its an adjustable pressure regulator, so you set it to the pressure you want, but because its connected via a vacuum hose, to the inlet, when the boost pressure increases, then the pressure from the regulator increases, to give a higher pressure to the injectors, as the boost increases.

if your using the RRFPR set up, with FCD, i would advise a SAFC or the sorts, as has been said, you increase the pressure from the RRFPR, and use the SAFC to reduce the injector fueling in the midrange, this will give you back the torque that is lost due to the overfueling,

probably easiest way to explain it buddy is to just say that both standard and aftermarket are raising rate fuel pressure regulators.

but where the stock one i fixed at 33psi (i believe) which is your base fuel pressure the adjustable one you can set the base fuel pressure at what ever you want. like 50psi.

Now the raising bit just means that the fuel pressure increases 1:1 with the boost pressure your reading. So if you look at your boost gauge its at 0 which means the stock fuel pressure is 33psi. Now if you run 1 bar of boost the fuel pressure will increase the same amount,

so 33psi base fuel pressure

plus 1 bar of boost (14.7psi)

is 47.7psi fuel pressure :(

Now say your running the same setup but with an adjustale pressure regulator set at 50psi.

So 50psi base fuel pressure

plus 1 bar of boost (14.7psi)

is 65.7psi fuel pressure :)

Now the stock ecu doesn't have any means to measuring fuel pressure so it doesn't know that you've increased the fuel pressure. And the extra pressure might give you an extra 20cc of fuel flow through the injectors (just an example number). so this extra 20cc of fuel flow is what keeps your fueling correct running 1 bar of boost pressure.

Now where its bad and why we've said to run a fueling computer ideally is say your driving along normally, cruise. The fuel ratios at 33psi FP will be correct, now when your at 50psi FP you will be getting more fuel than needed which means the engine is running rich and will kill fuel consumption and engine power/torque.

Hope that helps explain it a little better :( but feel free to ask if your still unsure about bits on the fuel pressure regulator.

Tim

TB Developments

• 1 month later...