1.3 Turbo Corolla E11

Hi everyone,

I own a corolla E11 its a 1.6 but im thinking of swapping it with an 4EFTE engine, I was wondering has anyone ever done this before?..and if so is there any thread's on it?

Im guessing it will fit without alot of hassel as the E11 also comes in a standard 4EFE.

Great site aswell ALOT of usfull information and some very nice cars :)

hey welcome :)

it won't fit without alotof hassle, because your current engine is a 4a engine and not a 4e engine...

the engine mounts of those engines are totally different so you would need to weld other mounts in.

it will fit but won't be the easiest way for more power :) I think you should go 4age blacktop :D

• 1 year later...

i done it with a mate in his g6 about a year and a half ago. then we removed the swap anf put a 4age 20v in there. custon loom work it the main issue. we had to make our own loom, which we then sold onto a chap who wanted to do the same project in stoke. you might have seen his car on for sale on Ph not long ago: 4efte converted blue tte corolla.

if you're car is a 1.6 then a 20v 4age will be best. this'll also need custom loom work.