hi guys new to turbos and starlets, :) ihave a 96 glanza wheni put hi boost button on i only ge 1st light on the ones in the clocks forgive ignorance for not knowing proper name lol,also around 3500 and 4500 revs the engine holds backand pops?ive been told many reasons for this but i think you guys should have better answer for me the cars only got hks filter and plugs fitted rest is standard.any views greatly appreciated.thanks. :)

From what you are saying I'm guessing it's fuel cut that you are hitting,

Have you got a boost gauge atol?

If not you need to get one to see what boost you are running

Hope this helps

Gary

cheers mate ive been to 3 so called performance garages and none mentioned trying boost gauge to check what its running only had the car two weeks,1 said it was too low in rev range for fuel cut and other suggested ht leads and other said poss sticky actuator is its on standard at min .thanks

get a boost gauge see what it's boosting first, then thats one tick on the list... next if the boost is fine move into ht leads, plugs, dizzy cap etc.

one step at a time :)

ok will do soon as pay day comes round ill get gauge, leads,and hks actuator.cheers lads. :)

• 2 months later...
cheers mate ive been to 3 so called performance garages and none mentioned trying boost gauge to check what its running only had the car two weeks,1 said it was too low in rev range for fuel cut and other suggested ht leads and other said poss sticky actuator is its on standard at min .thanks

depends how quickly your turbo is spooling and the ct9 spools up quick then your getting a bit of boost creep hence hitting fuel cut. So its not all down to rev range

Your engine management light isnt comeing on though is it? if not then it cant be fuel cut ..have you tryed puting the dump valve back in to the EFI pipe yet couse when i seen you that time it was out of the EFI give it a go it could

be that not 100% though :p

can these have owt to do with ,what is correct way for these pipes because when i fitted actuator today i tried them round this way 04122009289.jpg instead of this way 04122009290.jpg and didnt do it much only in second gear on high boost and will it harm my engine?or turbo? if anyone in north east could take a look be mega happy to meet them.

^^What a fucking head doer that is lol.. i just cant understand why it is doing it is you engine management light

comeing on when it stutters? if not i could be rong but it could be down to the ECU.. i have a spare ECU that you could try but you will have to come and get it lol...Yet again im not a 100% sure its down to that..theres another thing you should try get it compression tested to make sure its ok :p

^^What a fucking head doer that is lol.. i just cant understand why it is doing it is you engine management light

comeing on when it stutters? if not i could be rong but it could be down to the ECU.. i have a spare ECU that you could try but you will have to come and get it lol...Yet again im not a 100% sure its down to that..theres another thing you should try get it compression tested to make sure its ok :p

engine management not coming on at all ,ill pop down whenever best for you mate and have a drive and see what you reckon from there.cheers lads.

Im not doing fuck all tomorrow mate if thats good for you.. bring jonny with you if ya wont if he,s not biz

we will try my ECU in my garage just so we no its not that I've never herd of a glanza ECU go down but theres

always the first :p

Im not doing fuck all tomorrow mate if thats good for you.. bring jonny with you if ya wont if he,s not biz

we will try my ECU in my garage just so we no its not that I've never herd of a glanza ECU go down but theres

always the first :p

fine for me mate ill get in touch with johnny see if he busy.he was on here today ill pm him.

Guys, what's the difference between those 2 pics?

I know the boost restriction is still on (ive bypassed mine already) but does it make a difference which of the solenoids tips you connect the longer tube to? IE. would there be any difference between running in those 2 variations?

The car sometimes stutters even though i put the restriction back on, and when on high(restriction) still hits fuel cut, but i don't see no ECU light, when i press POWER button it holds boost for about 200-400 more rpm, if i have it in manu mode it holds boost for about 100-200 more rpm :S

Yes its automatic.

I looked at my actutator today, well kind off lol i don't know what a adjustable one looks like to a non adjustable to be honest.