• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

there is a new rev app which has come out in the states, basically it connects to your ecu and reads all sorts of shit up on your iphone screen , read below.........

By itself, the app can measure 360-degree acceleration using the iPhoneâ??s built-in accelerometer, and a GPS Track feature which will map out the track youâ??re driving on after one lap. To use this app to its full potential, however, you will need to buy a piece of hardware to connect to your OBDII port in all 1996 or newer cars. We used the excellent new PLX Kiwi Wifi. This tiny $150 device connects directly to your OBDII port (usually under your steering column,) and sends a Wifi signal to your iPhone, transmitting all sorts of useful data for you to analyze. In my experience, it was very easy to set up from beginning to end.

With the Rev app and Kiwi Wifi working together now, you can read a wealth of information regarding your vehicle stats. One feature is an engine code reader if your check engine light is on, which will also clear the codes for you, saving you money at a repair shop and helping to diagnose issues. The coolest thing about Rev is the real-time reading and display of all sorts of stats, including:

• Vehicle Speed
  • RPM
  • Fuel Consumption
  • Engine Coolant Temp
  • Fuel Pressure
  • Calculated Engine Load
  • Throttle Position
  • Intake Manifold Pressure
  • Air Intake Temp
  • Timing Advance
  • Mass Air Flow
  • Fuel Level
  • Barometric Pressure
  • EVAP System Vapor Pressure
  • Fuel Trim
  • Boost

The information displays in either virtual gauge or graph form, and can be recorded. It’s worth mentioning that not all stats work on all vehicles, due to individual vehicle limitations, not the software. This is an incredible tool for those of us who like to tune our cars and measure the difference, anyone who takes their car on the track, someone diagnosing problems with their car, or someone who’s just a stats geek like me. It even features a data logging and export function that allows you to record multiple metrics simultaneously and export them via email for review. Check out the video below for a brief demo of some of its features:

For those who are serious about this or need even more functionality, the Kiwi Wifi will also let you add-on up to 32 additional sensor modules and multi or single gauges.

The Rev App and PLX Kiwi Wifi combo will cost slightly under $200 total, which is a bargain when you consider the price of many other similar-featured vehicle metrics tools. And imagine showing this to all of your gearhead friends! For us car enthusiasts, this is the best tool out there for the iPhone, and I very highly recommend it.

The link to download this app is below :D

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore...;ign-mpt=uo%3D6

• 1 month later...

Bump,

My contract ends soon with orange defo want some sort of internet phone....how much are you guys paying for the iphone? is the plan negotiable? will they sort me out if i haggle? ive been with them now for 36 months

ideally i only need

400 mins (most of my mates are on orange so magic FTW!)

unlimited texts

unlimited web

is it best to go for the 24mnth or 18mnth?

A

everyone says best thing to do is like me buy the iphone outright and go on a sim only plan mate i worked both out and im saving £800 in the long run

how much do you pay for the deal?

From what i can work out the 3Gs 16GB works out at about £500 to buy then a £20 a month deal (ulimited text/net + 600 min) for 24 months is £480 total of £980

whereas a 24 month deal from orange £35 a month for 24 months + £89 giving a total of £929

seems the deal orange has is probably best or have i missed something??

A

well, after reading around its best to go with tesco

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/cheap-iphone

but im still staying with orange due to the magic number allowance,

£35x18 (months) = £630 + £119 (upfront fee) = £749 + 6 months sim only = £90/120 so total for 24mnths = £869/839

£35x24 (months) = £840 + £89 (upfront fee) = £929

how much did you pay ^?

well, after reading around its best to go with tesco

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/cheap-iphone

but im still staying with orange due to the magic number allowance,

£35x18 (months) = £630 + £119 (upfront fee) = £749 + 6 months sim only = £90/120 so total for 24mnths = £869/839

£35x24 (months) = £840 + £89 (upfront fee) = £929

how much did you pay ^?

i got the 32G 3GS white one mate when i was looking at it it wasnt £35 a month it was like £75 a month didnt realise the prices had come down

• 2 months later...