:harhar: ive cheacked all the topics but no ones sure or gives a straight answer ive goot my boost guage in all the vacum bit just the wiring ive got 3 wires one for ground one for live and one for ilumination were do i put the live were do i put the ilumination? also anyone know where the nearest ground is to the drivers vent? any help would b coool

An earth can be taken from a solid metal surface joined onto the body, ideally I would go for a body earth already made by toyota as you know it's a good earth.

The live wire will go onto you ignition live, there will be 4 wires behind your ignition barrel, main live feed( thick red most likely) earth ( thick black) and two slightly thinner wires, you will need a test light or multimeter to test these two.

One will get power when the key is in ACC position and the other will get power when the igntion is on, you need the one where power is at the wire with the ignition on.

The illumination wire will go on with your stalk for the lights, again you will have a main live, earth and several others which only come live when they are switched, just connect it to the wire which is live when dipped beam or side lights are on.

Hope this helps

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

An earth can be taken from a solid metal surface joined onto the body, ideally I would go for a body earth already made by toyota as you know it's a good earth.

The live wire will go onto you ignition live, there will be 4 wires behind your ignition barrel, main live feed( thick red most likely) earth ( thick black) and two slightly thinner wires, you will need a test light or multimeter to test these two.

One will get power when the key is in ACC position and the other will get power when the igntion is on, you need the one where power is at the wire with the ignition on.

The illumination wire will go on with your stalk for the lights, again you will have a main live, earth and several others which only come live when they are switched, just connect it to the wire which is live when dipped beam or side lights are on.

hi guys just put my boost gauge and wired it in to the lights when they come on 2 clicks i tap in to it on the connector blocks that push on to head light bulb is this ok ?