Useing Fibreglass

How do i use fibre glass, i have never use the stuff before never mind touch it.

i will be making a new gauge holder but iam going to tilt the gauge so they are easyer to see, so i will be wanting to bond plastic to plastic and that will be getting smoothed and sprayed black.(if some of you dont get me please say)

This is the kit have been looking at. If need be does owt else need adding to the list.

1kg of Clear Polyester Resin in Styrene

30ml of MEKP Catalyst

10ml Syringe

1 Metre of 300gsm Fibreglass Chopped Strand Matting

1 Metre of 30gsm Fibreglass Tissue

250ml of Acetone

1" Grp Plastic Handled Brush

Mixing Bucket

Pair of Latex Disposable Gloves

Thanks craig

Fairly easy to be quite honest mate. You have listed alot that I haven't used.. Buy some fiberglass sheeting, some resin, and some hardener. A tub and a paintbrush usually come in handy too! Put a bit of resin into the tub, and a very small ammount of hardener, mix it up with a pensil or something, then use the brush to fiberglass what your fiberglassing. If fixing a cracked lip or something best bet is to fiberglass the inside to strengthen it so it doesn't look all fat at the front.

Anyway, guage pods, cut up some guttering tubes up to the size you want it, use your current (or spare?) a pillar plastics, and then somehow attatch them to it, then fiberglass round them. Couple of layers will really give it strength, then some filler to smooth it off etc... its not the biggest thing in the world to be honest.

Its a hard process to explain in writing though, so much easier learning it hands on.