Hi guys

Having recently purchased my Starlet turbo im now looking into improving the handling.

Was just looking at the KYB dampers on camskill website and am quite interesed in them, was just wondering if anyone rated these dampers or had any bad experiences with them. cant really afford coilovers so was looking at going down this route with some Tein springs.

Thanks

Nick

What model KYB's mate?

I've got KYB's with RS*R springs and mine makes for a pretty stiff ride, can get annoying about town with all the potholes but on the A/B roads it's a blast.

the ones on camskill are just replacements for the standard items, not meant to be uprated etc or for performance lowering springs. they'll prob take it, but thats pushing them beyond what they were intended to do, i.e the spring/loading for performance springs wont be best matched, compared to performance specific shocks.

uprated ones in the KYB range will be something like the NEW SR shock, or the SuperSpecial/Hillclimb editions etc.

well thats not true shaun, uprated kyb's are mint, if they're just silly normal replacement for the standard shocks (kyb make the original shocks in alot of modern cars, germans etc too, not just japs :p) then yeah they're poo, but the uprated jobbies are excellent.

bit rare though unfortunately, unless you buy from japan.

told you on msn mate, and i dont want/like d2's as im going for an all JDM theme, d2's etc would be the complete opposite of that, plus i'd rather not have coilovers, if possible, unless they're tein/trd/cusco etc.

Have just been looking around on various websites for some koni's but cant find any listed for starlet gt turbo EP82. think i may have to ring koni direct.

unless anybody know any websites where they are listed for sale.

there you go mate

by the way, suspension is interchangable between ep91's, ep82's and even back to ep71's, so whether or not its for something else wont matter, it'll still fit.

Cheers ecksjay , didnt realise that the sus was interchangable between the models.

Thanks again :p

Nick

told u on msn mate, and i dont want/like d2's as im going for an all JDM theme, d2's etc would be the complete opposite of that, plus i'd rather not have coilovers, if possible, unless they're tein/trd/cusco etc.

hows that, rnt d2's a japanese company?

hows that, rnt d2's a japanese company?

err no mate, they're just random coilovers (i.e non car specific) with the different fitments made to fit different cars, they just adapt the mounts to fit on civics, skylines etc, the coilovers etc are all exactly the same (not tried and tested on a particular car, unlike teins etc).

i believe they're an american company originally, distributed by impulse in the uk. :)

the coilovers are made in the same factory as g-force etc (probably some others), they're all the same coilovers basically just rebranded.

Kayaba used to make TRD. As for the later products for there coilovers for some reason the fronts are Tokico and the rears are still made by Kayaba. Personally I love them. Now got sometin more dear though but it should be the best choice possible. Still have to fit them though

Have just been looking around on various websites for some koni's but cant find any listed for starlet gt turbo EP82. think i may have to ring koni direct.

unless anybody know any websites where they are listed for sale.

Personally I didn't rate the Koni's as they didn't seem a very good shock. Plus the fronts are inserts so you have to butcher the original front shocks by cutting off the tops and drilling holes in the bottom. :)

JMO

Nath :o

yeah bit of a nightmare if you dont know what you're doing but as far as replacement uprated shocks go, they aint bad at all considering the price.

i've finally got my hands on some suspension today though, Tanabe Sustec Street Spec shocks with pi/fensport springs, so should make fun for fitting on the weekend.

the shocks are complete whores, been on about 4 different cars in a few years, shows the quality though as they're still going strong :)

bingo!

yeah bit of a nightmare if you dont know what you're doing but as far as replacement uprated shocks go, they aint bad at all considering the price.

i've finally got my hands on some suspension today though, Tanabe Sustec Street Spec shocks with pi/fensport springs, so should make fun for fitting on the weekend.

the shocks are complete whores, been on about 4 different cars in a few years, shows the quality though as they're still going strong :)

bingo!

Glad you finally got some suspension for your Glanza mate!

And with the tanabe name too!

Peace Out

Joz

If Koni's are a bitch to fit and not that good a shock, what would

you guys recomend getting bearing in mind ive only really got about 400 - 500 pounds to spend.

or is it just worth saving for a while and getting some high end coilovers, like the Tein ones.

cheers

Nick