Glanza Vs. Ibiza Cupra..

pretty much the same bar the forged pistons?. my friend/guy i know has the one,his runs 360/70hp ish.

fairly tight between him and me.

Phil

EDIT this is in a golf by the way.

by the way there is actually about 30 different engine codes and i think you are meaning some come with a forged crank and some a cast. but either way all the engines can handle alot of power

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

by the way there is actually about 30 different engine codes and i think you are meaning some come with a forged crank and some a cast. but either way all the engines can handle alot of power

yeah sorry mark forged crank.

something nuts like 40 codes which differ in terms of Compression ratio/Head port size/injectors,

the forge/cast crank ran by date of build therefore not neccessarily the top models GTI cupra R had these it was based on date of assembly.

thats what the guy tells me anywho.

more to the point, pound for pound a starlet is faster than a 1.8t whatever it arrives in stock.

Phil

yeah sorry mark forged crank.

something nuts like 40 codes which differ in terms of Compression ratio/Head port size/injectors,

the forge/cast crank ran by date of build therefore not neccessarily the top models GTI cupra R had these it was based on date of assembly.

thats what the guy tells me anywho.

more to the point, pound for pound a starlet is faster than a 1.8t whatever it arrives in stock.

Phil

yeh lots of very small differences

real world tuning with similar budgets... starlet wins hands down.

by a country mile.

Phil

If it was similar budgets the ibiza would win because it could get far more power out of cost.

we wouldnt.

but i think we've went over this already.. so save your breath mate.

ive spent over 10k on my car... im just what 220 very tops bhp....

spend 10k on an ibiza.. your easily over the 350bhp marker.. ihi power

If it was similar budgets the ibiza would win because it could get far more power out of cost.

we wouldnt.

but i think we've went over this already.. so save your breath mate.

spend 10k on an ibiza.. your easily over the 350bhp marker.. ihi power

similar budgets? then you couldnt buy an ibiza cupra R.

similar budgets after purchase and only counting Mods. my mate has spent more than me on his 1.8t to get 360hp and its still slower than my gt(just) and yes ihi is great, especially in a starlet lol

even then a 350hp ibiza wont be as fast as a 300hp gt.

Phil

10~K what the frig did you buy?

everything brandnew? and none of the work done by yourself? even then you must have bought a heck of alot of stickers and air fresheners to waste 10k getting to 220hp/

Phil

:) lots of things...

3 manifolds. 2 fmic kits. 3 sets of seats. then my full spec. plus servicing plus the new head it got then 2 sets of wheels..

i um spent alot on my car :)

haha well there you go, thats my point though, as funny as that is ^^ lol you dont need me to tell you that you probably bought 3times as much stuff as you need for the power you have, seats and things like that, you know as well as me make zero difference(or next to it)

if you had forgot emanage blue/fpr/fcd/330cc injectors/hybrid turbo (ive no idea what you run) and just slowly went balls out no the spec with 10K you could push close to 350hp/ton and if your running 300hp(350hp/ton) your mates golf/ibiza is going to be wanting to touch 420hp+ to achieve the same power to weight ratio.

anyways, pound for pound starlet wins.

anything goes(bar engine change) ibiza wins.

Phil