bhp gain from mani & de-cat

hey buddy you would definatly get a healthy dose of torque within the mid range but id you fited these two just by themself ud find your ecu would hit fual cut,

to get round this youd either need to buy a piggy back ecu(prefered) or go the rrfpr,uprated fual pump and fcd route(crude)

165+ ish bhp would be possible then mate

hey buddy you would definatly get a healthy dose of torque within the mid range but id you fited these two just by themself ud find your ecu would hit fual cut,

to get round this youd either need to buy a piggy back ecu(prefered) or go the rrfpr,uprated fual pump and fcd route(crude)

165+ ish bhp would be possible then mate

im sure he will just get away with a fcd (cheap option) but in the long run a piggyback or aftermarket ecu will be better depends wat you wanna do to ya car!! id say bout 10bhp or there abouts de-cat def will do alot and you will DEF notice the diff!!

aan emanage (all that you would need) is 300,

plus 100 for mapping, just fittingthat you would notice some good gains

dont put the guy off, fual cut is there for a reason, removing it will only lead to troubles eventualy.

plus with a remap you can get the most out of your mods

im only sayin the prices to the guy, i said in my last post the the piggyback would be better in the long run, but it depends on how far he want to go with his car n how much he wants to spend

you cant always scource emanage etc for 300 thats y i put 400+ and i put 800 cuz thats wat you can pay for a power fc etc

Well am wanting to tune the car up quite a bit over the next year o so am aiming to get an uprated TRD head gasket and a boost controler then later on front mounted intercooler and new turbo. So would i be better gettin a piggy back ECU or rrfpr,uprated fual pump and fcd. or all of these for the mani and de-cat?or is it just down to personal choice.

Well Glanza Ragger from another thread I've gathered that Glanza (the guy posing the question)

it is now boosting at 13 psi . i only have an induction kit and a full stainless cat back exhaust

So with an exhaust manifold and decat he will most likely be hitting fuel cut!!

An FCD won't keep you on the safe side -- It'll just let you get past the factory fuel cut ie. Fuel Cut Defencer (Which technically is the dangerous side)

It basically tricks the ECU into thinking that you haven't gone past the point of fuel cut (0.9BAR I'm sure though no-one has given me a definitive answer) So therefore you aren't fueling for the boost you'll be running which will lead to you running lean, detonation and pistons with great big holes in them.

The way people get around this is by fitting an RRFPR (rising rate fuel pressure regulator) and an uprated fuel pump along with your FCD -- you will prob have to set this up with a wideband lambda sensor or on a Rolling road to get it right though.

You WONT hit a fuel cut with just a decat and manifold mate.

I can vouch for that.

hahahaha, really? :p

If the exhaust is very free flowing, then it'll hit fuel cut even with the standard mani, and with the original cat :D

My friend's hit it easily for example, with only an autofixed exhaust (i.e VERY free flowing), and removed aircon etc. Mine isn't quite as free flowing as his (being a jap JASMA certified thing, i.e they're slightly more restricted) but it brings the engine management light on when its very cold (i.e during winter), but luckily every time i've noticed this i backed off before giving it a chance to bounce of fuel cut.

So yes, it is very much possible. :D

As soon as i swap to a blitz decat i've no doubt that it'll try to smash off fuel cut all day long. It hits 0.85bar with only an exhaust, so its pretty damn close at present. :D