Ok guys hopefully yas can help me out.

Theres a bridge in town up the dual carriage way to measure the performance of our cars. My starlet EP-82 GT Turbo is only getting to 87 MPH now my brothers starlet same year an all was getting 116 MPH all it had was FCD, Air filter, 1.1 bar boost and a downpipe. Mine was running Air filter, .9 bar boost and i think it has an FCD but can't tell (little black box behind the center console with some wires going into it.

Now a standard GT turbo normally does about 100-105 mph to this bridge (hope your all still with me)

Ok I just fitted a stainless steal manifold and decat, I havn't got any boost increase or performance for that matter, still getting around 87 mph!

Now 3rd gear the turbo seems to take a while to spin up and when accelerating with the window down theres a huge hiss comming from what i think is the front right of the car (in all gears this is) could this be a boost leak causing my probs? My boost in high boosts to .9 but drops off quickly at about 5000 RPM

Can someone explain fuel cut to me? Is it rash or does your car just not go as quick?

Someone please help! ALso the car idles at about 2000 RPM untill its been drove for about 10-15 mins.

Any help welcome guys

Thanks

Hissing sounds like a boost leak -- Where are you taking your boost gauge reading from?

And fuel cut is a huge jerk of the car -- you'd know if you were having it!

As for your speed issue -- I'd say you need a speed cut defencer, but speed cut is at 112mph so you're not even close to it? Do you mean your car only actually gets up to 87mph or it only gets up to 87mph by this bridge?

We have a similar test called funnily enough the "bridge test" pull out a junction on a country road and see what speed you get by the railway bridge.

It will go above 87 mph but a standard Saxo VTS at 120 Bhp is getting 95 to this bridge, hell my 1.6 Punto sporting with a full tank of fuel and a passenger got 80 mph and its only 88 bhp!

as for where i'm getting the boost reading I'll go take a pic cause i'm crap with knowledge under the bonnet!

I'm the first driver of this car from it was imported so would it be a prob with the ECU learning to use our lower 97 RON fuel or anything like that?

Also no matter how much i screw the bleed valve out she won't boost over .9 bar, think the hiss just gets louder, i mean when the car is coming towards you all you can hear is a huge air sound from it.

Ok two pics here the first is where the boost guage T-piece is and the second is a pic of the exhaust which to me looks very dry and sooty, when running theres no moister on it at all. Is she running too lean or something?

http://img214.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1908061302uo7.jpg

http://img215.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1908061301wc9.jpg

Got er fixed i think, the dump valve he had on was constantly dumping so was loosing all my pressure, hooked up the stock one, 3rd, 4th and 5th gears are all now pulling like they should, feels like a new car!

Still think its running lean so bookin er in for a R/R and health check.

Hmmm took it to the bridge and still doing 87 mph! But it feels massivly faster in acceleration and at 87mph the car feels like its over 100mph, dunno wots going on!

If it was running too lean would the ECU restrict her?

I've not checked for errors

I'll have to give it a go and get back to yas.

Would a Speed cut defenser if it was installed convert the speedo to MPH and give the impression of a wrong reading cause i don't have clocks that display MPH properly?

One way to check is get a mate (preferably with a newer car with standard wheels) and go to a dual carriage way -- both drive at 50mph if you stay next to each other then your clocks are calibrated correctly -- If either of you are pulling away from each other drastically then there's something wrong.