Ok can someone tell me what this does? It's not popped down into the black pipe below it and theres no hose connected to the side of it, the black pipe below it is blocked with a grommet.

Any ideas?

Edit ok i'm having probs getting a picture to upload!

http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1908061237fm1.jpg

Thanks mate!

Also I think this is my dump valve but the jap owner before me has welded it on, says HKS on the side but looks a bit rough.

http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1908061238jb1.jpg

Any of these parts cause me to loose boost and cause a huge hiss to come from the front of the car?

Ok hooked up the standard dumpvalve proper and shes now boosting 1.1 bar so there was a huge leak, think i'm still leaking a but and i also think my dials are reading wrong, all it is is a piece of paper set over the top of the original dials and the 60 MPH is not stright up which is where i thought it should be (after lookin at my brothers MR2 dials) my 60 is at about one oclock if that akes sense.

first pic is of the std re-circ. valve, can just take it off and replace it with a blanking plate/2p etc

pipe in your hand is the vac. hose that went into that and should go into your BOV/Dumpvalve

second pic is what i assume your bov, alough i'm not quite sure why the std re-circ. valve is still plumbed in in that fashion AND more to the point is that you MBC/bleed valve seems to not be plumbed in. :) that'd be why your boosting that way and get a huge hiss from the front if it! or is it just a huge hoop? any better pics?

just to compair here's a pic of my bay..

6826947a847366043b308792320l.jpg

first pic is of the std re-circ. valve, can just take it off and replace it with a blanking plate/2p etc

pipe in your hand is the vac. hose that went into that and should go into your BOV/Dumpvalve

second pic is what i assume your bov, alough i'm not quite sure why the std re-circ. valve is still plumbed in in that fashion AND more to the point is that you MBC/bleed valve seems to not be plumbed in. :) that'd be why your boosting that way and get a huge hiss from the front if it! or is it just a huge hoop? any better pics?

just to compair here's a pic of my bay..

6826947a847366043b308792320l.jpg

The bleed valve is an odd one, she is plumbed in the bottom part your prob lookin at is just a sticky out piece of metal i assume for using a bracked to mount in somewhere.

The hiss is gone now, just fully plumbed in the standard re-circ valve, musta been the after market dump valve leaking real badly. cars running brilliant now.

Can't get the re-circ valve popped back down into the hole on the air intake pipe though so just kept it blocked with a grommet. Ideally i'd like it on there but just can't get it in.

Imageshack is the business lol!!!

Aye she does get warm under the bonnet! I run in Low 95% of the time, highs just for when ya neda blow someone off lol, think i will turn it down though, don't wanna wreck anything

You sponsored by ImageShack dude??? haha, just messing man.

You'd think it wouldn't you :) It's just so easy to use compared to photobucket etc

I only upload stuff I use for forums and misc pictures there -- For my own photo's I use FlickR: It's great for keeping all your personal photos on, 1GB monthly upload limit (no single size limit) and only £17.50 a year... Bargain :o :o

[edit]

You also get a free sign-up with flickR, but you have a 20mb monthly limit, which for a 6mp cam is about 5 photo's at high res

[/edit]

It was running at .9 boost with the leak and 1.1 bar now with it fixed though think i'm still leakin but can sort that just lookin for the rite part.

The leak was also stopping the turbo from spinning up quickly so it seemed to hesitate but thats fixed now too.

1.1bar :p

standard topmount :)

ct9 ;)

:) toasting

Tell me about it lol, shes turned back down to i can afford to get a front mounter IC.

Damn car got hijacked last night ;) 4 guys punched my mate, the window was down and they ripped the keys out the ignition, got out to em but nothin we could do was only 2 of us, got the car back in 20 mins though, few guys chased em out the road they eventually ditched it and ran, lucky she the turbo was in low position or shed be wrecked, was raining heavy and on country back roads.

Scary!