my car is boosting at 5 psi first and second then 10 psi 3rd,4th and 5th av been told a will have to get an uprated gasket before a can run 10 psi first and second where can a get one from (prefferibly TRD) and what thicknesss will a need as am ging to up the boost to about 12/13 psi.

who told you that Glanza?... the dude obviusly dosent have a clue what he is talking about, go back and slap him in the face and call him a moron!

there is a limiter within the hi low boost solenoid that limits boost in first gear and second gear,

just bypass that then you will have ten psi in first and second gear,

there is a pic diagram in the faq section and shows you how to mound the boost pipes, litteraly a minuite job. (the"hi/low boost mod")

after doing this your glanza will feal like a different car :)

hope that helps

You don't need uprated head gaskets unless you are planning on running a lot of boost.

Also tell him (now this will sound like cheek seeing as I only found out this weekend but... :) ) The lightweight Glanza's aren't restricted to lo-boost in 1st and second and they run standard head gaskets -- But will prove your point.

ben_j: the EP91 ECU has a boost limiter for first and second gear.

Meaning no matter if you are on high or low, the low and high solenoid will make first and second gear act as if they were on low mode.

By passing the high and low solenoid solves this (and sometimes causes a slight increase in boost).

Glanza: whoever told you that about gaskets, must have been drunk. Regarding the gaskets - TRD never made a 4E-FTE gasket, just 4E-FE gaskets (which are actually thinner).

There are many home made gaskets out there, which I haven't had the best of luck with.

Best choice is a quality japanese brand name gasket, but those go for %$$$.

BUT the most important thing, 10psi - pff you're joking right? keep the car well serviced - oil, plugs, leads, fuel filter, make sure everything is ok (aspecially ignition timing), and you won't need to upgrade the head gasket.

I am always ready to garantee you can run 1Bar on stock gasket.

Obviously things vary with climiate and country. But 10psi is pretty ok anywhere.

my car is boosting at 5 psi first and second then 10 psi 3rd,4th and 5th av been told a will have to get an uprated gasket before a can run 10 psi first and second where can a get one from (prefferibly TRD) and what thicknesss will a need as am ging to up the boost to about 12/13 psi.

As the other members told you .. your mate is talking crap

NDR008 explained it well.

If you want to shit as much boost as you can in first bypass the high and low solenoid and than if wanting to get it running 13psi I'd suggest you get an HKS Actuator, FCD and Fuel Regulator mate. You still might not get full boost on first just for the simple reason that the car won't have that much load on it. To check how much boost the car is actually running at max give it a good go on 4th and there is were the most load is when racing a car