Llawgoch's 1990 GT now with FMIC

Heres a few pics of the intercooler i fitted to my GT. will get more pics up soon when i get home on the weekend. the piping is now polished but it pretty much finished. Guess what its off!!

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l267/owainsr/37e45056.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l267/owainsr/0fe06bbc.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l267/owainsr/7c2e85ef.jpg

how much boost can i use with that!!

opinions please.

its actually an Allard upgrade for a Land Rover Discovery!!!

the rest of the engines stock at the moment. the manifold has cracked and its still catted so might get some WEPR goodies on there soon.

You'd want to get that sorted first than. Dave Burwash is also selling aftermarket manifolds. Just ordered mine from him. If the engine is stock you can get it running to 11psi. You might want to get a fuel reg and fcd and run it at 15-16psi when you get the aftermarket manifold mate. I might run mine at 17psi with the same mods. Still not sure but it wont hurt to try it out :)

whats the core like inside that thing? did you try the hair dryer test on it?

i was going to purchase one of daves mani's but they look a little rough on the inside, although that may have been a bad pic, i'll see if i can chase down a better pic because i was interested in getting one myself.

nice work mate, it is bloody large though!!! :)

it is pretty large isnt it!

whats the hairdrier test?

it works great though. i took it for a blast down the road and checked pipe temperature afterwards. inlet was quite hot while outlet was nearly condensating it was so cold.

well the hairdryer test is pretty much what you found out yourself, aim a hairdryer down one end and see how long it takes for the air coming out to get warm, takes bout 10 seconds on the standard top mount apparently.

Would that not really all depend on the CFM of the hairdryer?

hahahaha yes ofcourse mate, but if you were to compare it with the same dryer to your standard top mount you'd be able to tell the difference, it'd be the same as the turbo at the same boost pressure as when you had the top mount, wouldnt be no difference except the longer pipework.

obviously if we're comparing different hairdryers, but we arent, its just a very simple basic test which shouldnt need explaining :)