Help Seriously Needed

Right guys really need some help

basically i was putting the downpipe etc back together on my car cause the adaptor i got for my oil pressure gauge didnt fit so started putting it back together. I took the battery etc off so i could move the rad fan to the side so i could get to the oil pressure sensor. so i went to put the leads back on the battery and im not sure if i crossed them or toughed them together etc cause it sparked like fuck and now my car wont start

i have a few electrics like lights hazzards etc but no central locking, cd player and the car wont even try and turn over. it just makes a whizzing noise that sounds a bit like a electric window motor. i tried changing the ecu back to the standard one just incase id fried my plug in and play but that didnt help and I've checked the fuses near the battery and the ones under the steering wheel and they all look ok

i have a toad alarm on it and that doesnt seem to want to work either

please has anyone got any idea what could be the problem as i said im not sure if i got the positive and negative the wrong way round on the battery as i wasnt concentrating which was really stupid of me

please lads i need help lol anyone got any ideas?

Have you checked the pos n neg are on the right way now? You'll have a lucky escape to have gotten away without frying your plug n play buddy, Other than that, i'd put it down to a blown fuse, maybe a few! although it seems you have checked everything i would have to be honest.

Battery could be flat.

Mitch

isnt there something along the lines of de charging?? like if you put them on the wrong terminals, mess it up etc it can alter the possitive/negative flow... so you might have killed the possitive terminal so it's almost like having negative and negative.... could be well off with this and not sure were i herd it from lmao!!

but also yeah double check the fuses, they may look ok but could still have one thats gone.

@ mitch nah batterys fine even had a jump pack on it to make sure

@ cl nah the battery seems fine when i turn the key you can hear the fuel pump priming so it wants to start but somethings stopping it somewhere. starter motors not turning or anything lol

i have done is there any more that may be the problem. I've checked the main fuses near the battery and the ones in drivers footwell

im thinking this may be alarm related cause it has an immobiliser in it

That whizzing sounds is your fuel pump.

If you reversed polarity than you have blown a fuse. What you want to check is the slow blow fuses in the engine bay, they are the big red and black ones. You should be able to see from the clear case on top of the fuse if they are gone

if you have checked all of the fuses and the main fuses you could of blown your ecu mate :D

nope put the standard ecu back in makes no difference still does the same thing lol

That whizzing sounds is your fuel pump.

If you reversed polarity than you have blown a fuse. What you want to check is the slow blow fuses in the engine bay, they are the big red and black ones. You should be able to see from the clear case on top of the fuse if they are gone

checked them all mate still no luck lol

any other suggestions its strange cause i seem to have checked everything that could have gone and still no luck

My expirence in fitting alarms, they have 2/3 inline fuses trace back from the siren in the engine bay (the main box will prob be driver passenger footwell plastics) and make sure there not blown because if they are and the installer has imobilised some if the ignition wires could stop radio and windows from working sounds to me like alarm related. if its fucked the alarm all you need to do is find the ign sence wire from the alarm ( that meen the wire goes live when the ign is on and stays on while cranking) and cut it and the car will start.