Engine Management Light...

hi folks, since ive had my N/a Sportif, ive noticed the engine management light comes on at sertain times, when i leave it idle after a cold start, as its warming up it comes on until it reaches half way on the temp guage.

i done a fault test by bridging T1 and E1 on the diagnostics box and got as follows...

flash flash

pause

flash flash

longer pause

flash flash

pause

flash flash

longer pause

im guesiing this is fault code 22?!? which would be "CTS Open or short Cuircuit". what is CTS and how do i fix this?

regards,

Nathan

• 3 weeks later...

been a while but i tried to have a look, theres two sensors, 1 either side (below) the dizzy, i looked at the wires going into both and they both look fine! the one nearest the back (the one i think may be the CTS as it has a small amount of red dried substance around it in that area) seems to only have the one cable going to it, i might be wrong but access seems quite limited.

where can i purchase a new CTS and how much is it estimated to cost to drain the coolant, replace the sensor and refill the coolant?

cheers

• 9 months later...

ummm... pretty bad i know... but i still have this problem! nearly a year on...

where can i buy a new CTS? toyota want £50+!

i have tried all the local autopart suppliers and they can only seem to get 2 pin ones, where as mine is a 3 pin one!

please help :/

cheers