Hey anyone no anyone thats got one and the good and the bad points on them. Had a offer to take one off a mate and im a complete virgin to subarus. Its the imported 2 litre flat turbo model on a 1995.

Going to have a look at it later on tonight obviously fgoing to do the usual turbo car checks but naything else i should look out for?

Im feeling a bit put off by no service history though.

most old subaru's are usually bulletproof from what I've heard but they do have weak bottom ends which are a common thing with the P1. being a 95 i guess it has the older dash which would put me off but it might not bother you?..

the bottom end tends to go, make sure you hear the engine running from cold as you will notice it then. then is just the usual, pulling in all gears, make sure the 4x4 works, put it in 3rd at low revs & put you food down - they sometimes pop out(early sign of the gear box on its way out)

Cool thanks for the advice guys. Whats a rough price for one of these in great condition on 80k miles?

I just got in from viewing it and everything seems spot on cant hear any kocks or anything but goign to have a proper look over it in the day time tomorow just went for a test drive today and pulls well just doesnt feel megaly fast.

Im just put off a little about the bottom end and weak pistons. And for alot of jobs the engine needs to come out aswell which is a pain and not hceap to run i hear.

I just miss my glanza and want another turbo. I must say the scooby doesnt kick you back in the seat once the boost kicks in which is a bit unreal.

That little 1.3 had better 0-60.

Im just a bit put off by engine side of things and runnign cost as the engine needs to come out for major services and that.

yeah have to say I've been in 2 impreza's, a uk 2000 turbo that felt like it had no go at all and a P1 which i fell in love with! i think the impreza's are great but I've been out in a few evo's and they feel alot more mental if thats what your after?

Yeah i had a evo 3 before but the insurance killed me as this one is imported and is actually cheaper on insurance than my mk2 golf gti lol thats why is so tempting. But being a boxer engine i dont really no my way around it

yeah have to say I've been in 2 impreza's, a uk 2000 turbo that felt like it had no go at all and a P1 which i fell in love with! i think the impreza's are great but I've been out in a few evo's and they feel alot more mental if thats what your after?

if your gettin a impreza never buy a uk one there shit. and also check what ecu it has as they were changed like every year of prodution the z4 ecu is the best one to have in scooby as they have a higher fuel cut (1.2 bar) and much better fuel map on them and pretty mental the way the boost cums in.

Not gettign it anymore guys. I was offered it for a dirt cheap price thats the only reason i looked into it and insurance was cheaper than my mk2 golf gti i currently have. Glanza's to the quality i want are about £3700 and the scooby was half that as it was to help a mate out.

cant beat a ct9 :-D

Ive been looking at a Scooby for a bit of a track project, possibly. But then again every other car Ive looked at has the potential aswell!!!

Would get an RA edition or at least a WRX and then put the type RA gearbox in, they properely fly with that box in them :thumbsup:

Hey anyone no anyone thats got one and the good and the bad points on them. Had a offer to take one off a mate and im a complete virgin to subarus. Its the imported 2 litre flat turbo model on a 1995.

Going to have a look at it later on tonight obviously fgoing to do the usual turbo car checks but naything else i should look out for?

Im feeling a bit put off by no service history though.

in the 95 model subaru the head gasket does tend to go alot aswell if you dont service it regular every 8-10k miles also like has been said by alot of people the bottom end does go on these there very high maintenance i would recomend a subaru 98+ to be honest