Fitting A New Bov

hi guys, im just looking into sorting a new bov. does anyone have a fitting guide? ive spent an hour looking and no luck, ive read info on blocking off the standard bovs pipe etc? again i have no idea which pipe or what im on about actually,lol. so any help would be massivly appreciated.

cheers,

chris

it's pretty simple buddy, you pull off the old one and slap on the new one lol :)

have a look at my pic below... you will take off the original reserc, put you new bov onto the existing pipe, then you see the little silver thing that is blocking up were the original bov was?? you can just block that off with a 50p (cant remeber if thats to big, but you get the idea) by just glueing it in there.

you use the same vac lines that went into the original bov, and the black breather pipe that comes out of the rocker cover... you can either leave that as it is, or buy a small breather filter and put that in it's place.

IMGP1626.jpg

Hope that helps mate :p

i thought it might have been that lol... terible bovs haha!, not your fault but it seems all the people new to glanzas/gt's go for them.

just be aware it might leak and possible look to spend on a slightly better variation in the future. i.e. blitz, hks, sard etc.

and on the rubber nipple bit, without seeing whats missing i wouldnt be able to help, get some pics up when you get it... i'm sure someone will be able to point you in the right direction :)

http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....c=22575&hl=

check out that link, its the rubber bit on the end. dont have aclue were to pick one up?

to be honest mate ive bought a set of whiteline springs from a guy on here and he very kindly threw the the bov in for me. so just trying to find the oarts i need to fit it,

28mm silicon hose aswell im told???

i got a bailys valve with no nipple took the valve to b&q found sum steel tubing that just slid in snug tok the valve apart mushromed the end of the pipe nd puked it thru and liquid metal to stick and seal it nd ive had no bother with it probz beter than the plastik niple on them :)

• 3 weeks later...

me too mate, i screwed it right in and out the other day and it did nothing, they sell replacement springs on ebay, up to 0.8bar. 0.8-1.2bar, 1.2 and above, depends what boost your gona run, if sticking to 0.8 id go for the up to 0.8 as i wreckon mines got the 0.8-1.2 in now and its too firm, im upping the boost soon so ill let you know if thats sorted it.

noob question here, how do you know if its leaking? is that the hissing sound when i gently press the accel down and here some hissing sound as the turbo spools up?

Thats just the sound of the turbo? you probs have to rev it up with your head under the bonnet to hear if its leaking? ;) ;)