oil burns blue if its cold outside and the car is pumping out hot gasses when hot meets cold it steams might be nothing plus I've noticed it looks worse in dark when people are behined you with lights on then it lingers

oil burns blue if its cold outside and the car is pumping out hot gasses when hot meets cold it steams might be nothing plus I've noticed it looks worse in dark when people are behined you with lights on then it lingers

Head gasket gone matey

i will do micky thats why im after one, you know the valve stems is that a big job???

cheers

Does your car have the same power when you go on high boost? If yes,then its not the Turbo.

If it rattles a bit but still pushing the same kind of power then its something internal from the engine(piston rings etc).

If the car heats up quicker than normal(the water temp gauge getting close to H),then it is the head gasket.

Hope this helps.

If your going to a garage for stem seals as i was, you'll pay big big money, better of living with it and buying a forged engine off here. Its big money to do the seals.

unless you can do it yourself or pay someone on the side, cheeky cash job for them on a weekend!

Does your car have the same power when you go on high boost? If yes,then its not the Turbo.

If it rattles a bit but still pushing the same kind of power then its something internal from the engine(piston rings etc).

If the car heats up quicker than normal(the water temp gauge getting close to H),then it is the head gasket.

Hope this helps.

that is great help much appreciated, basically the car drives normally no misfire nothing but its gt no pull and it takes a while to warm up and doesnt overheat or nothing, but i suspect it definately is the turbo as i done a compression test and that came out fine

If your going to a garage for stem seals as i was, you'll pay big big money, better of living with it and buying a forged engine off here. Its big money to do the seals.

unless you can do it yourself or pay someone on the side, cheeky cash job for them on a weekend!

true say i do have my wiked mechanic who is cheap and excellent on civics, pulsars nd starlets lol, bt if it the stem seals i mite get a forgd block then

• 3 weeks later...

its rare for valve stem oil seals to cause smoking when warm there only normally when the car is initally started.

Another to note is oil burns white if you have the cat still in place. Do you have the cat still there?

If so it might also be turbine oil seals leaking on the turbo, quite common on the ct20b

Tim

TB Developments