new turbo owner, help!!!

ok guys, ive slowly been learning what i can about the glanza, but now i have some technial i'd like to know?

one, how do i know if my car has a lsd? because theres all the factory stickers all over the car and ive found one in my drivers door that has all the tyre sizes on it and a section on the bottom that says LSD... is that just a bunch of letters in a random order on the car or does that mean it has a lsd?

ok secondly, i have bought a hks super bov that looks like this...

Image130.jpg

i can see where i need to install the bov, but what do i do about the standard bov?

do i need to take it out completely and make a blanking plate for the hole that is left? or can i leave it in, but just blank off all the out/inlets that were on the valve?

also i know i use the smaller hose that goes the the original bov for the top of the new bov, but do i still use the engine breather pipe that comes off the cam cover? as i can see that the new one has another attachment for a pipe going into it, but i dont know what one!!

sorry about all the questions, but after spending loads of money on this car, i really dont wanna bugger it up by installing something wrong!!

thanks in advance.

Rich.

firstly, every glanza has that sticker regarding the LSD, thats just saying (the one on the door that is) about the differences if the car were to have an lsd, its just a standard sticker. the only way you'll know is to jack one side up, make sure the car is out of gear, then try turning the wheel thats jacked up. if it doesn't turn, you have an lsd. either that, or jack both sides up, and (again making sure its out of gear) turn one of the wheels, if the other wheel spins in the opposite direction, you have an lsd.

in regards to the bov, you can just remove the stock bov, block up the hole for the pipe going into the turbo intake pipe, and then either pop a filter over the cam breather hole, or block it up with a bung etc. the small vacuum hose will be reused to go into the new bov.

cheers mate, i tryed fitting the bov earlier, i left the stock bov where it was, but blocked off everything on the bov, and all the hoses i didnt use, and it worked, but the turbo sounded really loud??

i dont mean the valve, but while spooling, the actual turbo was really loud, so i decided not to risk it and return it back to standard.

is this normal? is it my dodgy fitting? or is it the valve? also, should the engine breather be connected to the side fitting on the valve? as i just blocked it off?

im gonna get on a lathe during the week and make up a proper bung for the hole where the original bov was.

where can you get bungs for blocking up these holes?

help please???? i really want to get this fitted!!

Rich.

jack both sides up, and (again making sure its out of gear) turn one of the wheels, if the other wheel spins in the opposite direction, you have an lsd.

Think you missed the don't out Jay! If the other wheel spins in the opposite direction you DO NOT have an LSD. If they both spin in the same direction you DO have an LSD.

Think you missed the don't out Jay! If the other wheel spins in the opposite direction you DO NOT have an LSD. If they both spin in the same direction you DO have an LSD.

ah ye shit sorry mate, wrote loads so made a slight error.

what he said! although, its so much easier to just jack one side up and check it that way, there's no need to check which way the other spins by jacking it all up!

cheers mate, i tryed fitting the bov earlier, i left the stock bov where it was, but blocked off everything on the bov, and all the hoses i didnt use, and it worked, but the turbo sounded really loud??

i dont mean the valve, but while spooling, the actual turbo was really loud, so i decided not to risk it and return it back to standard.

is this normal? is it my dodgy fitting? or is it the valve? also, should the engine breather be connected to the side fitting on the valve? as i just blocked it off?

im gonna get on a lathe during the week and make up a proper bung for the hole where the original bov was.

where can you get bungs for blocking up these holes?

help please???? i really want to get this fitted!!

Rich.

?