Hks Turbo Timer Type 1

I was thinking of getting myself a HKS Turbo Timer type 1 ( http://www.rhdjapan.com/jdm-low/HKS-Turbo-Timer-Type-1-55343 ) next week. I still need a turbo timer, because I'm sick of waiting in the car. :( Always fancied the HKS type 1, since it's still a relatively new design and has tons of gadgets to play with. Which gets me to my question; will all the functions work or not? The type 1 timer uses 3 wires, handbrake wire, rpm wire and 'speed wire'. So does anyone know if it is possible to use all these functions, or does the Glanza have an analog signal for the speed, because it's a slightly older car. And also for the auto countdown function, does it need the speed signal too or just the rpm signal? Hope someone can help me with this. :p

Edit: You can see a diagram here

Image11.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Im new on here as only haveing my starlet a few days, ive also been looking at the hks timer as i have a hks dump, how simple is this to wire up and what are the benifits of getting this?

Eamon

• 1 year later...

Alright as above I have a type 1 HKS timer (but the older version) I would love to get it fully working once installed does anyone know where I can get a specific wire diagram for a Glanza or where the rpm wire and 'speed wire' would splice in to??

Any help would be much appreciated ! There must be others that have been through this...

Cheers Tom