hey i bought my standard 1996 glanza v bout a month ago with 33k on clock recently i got the eml on before it comes on it feels like its holding back abit then chugs abit then the light comes on. i took it to the toyota dealer (stupid i know!) and they got a fault code 34 out of it. after asking me if it definity was the eml! and what fuel i was running it on (v power 99ron) the lad said it was a possible map sensor but couldnt say 100% as they didnt have the proper diagnostic stuff aparently. im just wondering if its a common fault any help would be good as i want it fixing asap.

also what are the cheapest lowering springs (40mm) i can get for it, as alot of them are for the non turbo 1.3 models

thanks ian

Don't worry mate, i hit fuel cut everyday lol its a common problem for me! There are lots of ways to stop fuel cut such as:

Fuel cut defence or newer ecu.

edit -

allot of other ways too but thats the route allot of people go to, if your pockets aren't full turn the boost down with a boost controller

(others will explain better)

i dont know what its running at i havnt got a boost gauge, i just cant understand how a standard car can overboost and cant be fixed by fitting standard parts. would putn the restrictor back on for 1st and 2nd not fix it? would that up the boost in any other gear?

thanks

i changed spark plugs in mine last night and its stopped hitting fuel cut for some odd reason

ROFL!! Myplugs keep misfiring or i'm hitting fuel cut without boost lol. So i'm assuming its a misfire, will replace mine soon, its due for service but meanwhile i've got boost controller to turn it down and soon should have boost gauge.

Guest cheshireglanza
ROFL!! Myplugs keep misfiring or i'm hitting fuel cut without boost lol. So i'm assuming its a misfire, will replace mine soon, its due for service but meanwhile i've got boost controller to turn it down and soon should have boost gauge.

get a fcd

get a fcd

An fcd with no fuelling mods is a recipe for disaster.

If you want to keep the car standard then do that - put the 1st and 2nd gear restriction back in and that should lower the boost enough to avoid fuel cut, however differentcars react differently. Any slight modification to the intake or exhaust systems can have an effect on the boost levels the turbo will run at, colder weather also makes a big difference.

The first thing to do if you do want to mod the car a little is to get a boost gauge to see the boost you're running, if it is overboosting I would then advise on getting an uprated actuator as that will help control the boost better than the weak standard actuator.