Over Boosting To Fuel Cut From The Cold

hi every1 im so happy my over boosting from the cold weather is solved i thought i would share it with u. ;) As this seems to be an ongoin topic.

my glanza has bin boost creeping to fuel cut recently since the cold weather has taken over. this realy pissed me off, it made me think i wanted my civic back lol. but now i have solved the issue and my car is driving like a dream rather than a complete nightmare.

i did this by first buying a boost gauge so i could see wat was going on. the result was that boost was creeping all the way up to just under 1bar resulting in fuel cut (gay!). so i then purchased a manuel boost controller for £20 on ebay which was very straight forward to install. it arrived today so i fitted it and adjusted it accordingly. I've just taken the car for a spin and its boosting up to 0.6bar then creeping up to 0.8bar and its still pulling hard. loving it!!!

i hope this helps out anyone who is in the same pickle i was in! ;)

guy

nice mate, i tihnk i have the same prob all of a sudden one day it began hitting fuel cut :S i got the same type of controller as you for £20 + £2 p&p right? I need to get a boost gauge now:S What does the fuel cut hit at?

Well it happens on mine and its fairly standard.. Was told that if u bypass the Hi/Lo solenoid by swapping the pipes that this gives u a small increase in boost.. Unfortunatly this was just a little bit too much for mine and it does fuel cut sometimes in this weather.. fine in the summer tho :thumbsup: ..

Ive only got exhaust/BOV/Airfilter.. nothing else really.

i've been getting this on mine, half the problem is when you remove the boost restrictor it allows it to creep higher even if you don't change anything else.

Also i'm getting the check light on mine at 0.85-0.90, and then i once hit 0.92bar and it properly hit fuel cut with a judder, so refitted the boost limiter until i get my blitz boost controller fitted.

Also the £20 boost controllers is this the grainger valve type? if so i do them at £17 delivered to your door :lol:.

Tim

TB Developments

they are all different even no starlet are supposed to be the same ive by passed mine boosting at 11psi doesnt hit fuel cut some times when you give it a good old boot at high speed the managment light comes on only happens once in a blue moon i think its real close to fuel cut