3rd gear doesnt seem the same

Alright peeps,

recently had a back box fitted to my glanza and ever since it seems like when boosting in 3rd gear you dont get as much pull if you no what i mean? ive de rerestricted 1st and 2nd gear as you do which is sound as a pound. 1st and 2nd pull really well, but when you hit 3rd and the 3 lights come on it doesnt seem like its goin as well as it did before with the standard backbox on. Any of you guys have an idea of why it would do this? The car also when boosting high makes a high pitched whisting noise which has only just started happening to. Ive checked all the piping etc and it all seems to be ok. The backbox is for the glanza although it is slightly blowing a bit. Could this be the problem? Any help guys would be very gratful.

Ri

The whistling noise is normal on Glanza when changing the backbox mate. IT happens on loads of Glanza's locally. As for 3rd gear not feeling like before .. it probably is because you have less back pressure from the exhaust which makes the car feel not as torquey as before mate. Blowing from the backbox wont help neither but you wouldnt feel that much of a difference. (ps my backbox is also blowing and have the inside on the backbox which collapsed and have to get it sorted

i had the same problem when i installed my boost controller to de restrict 1st and 2nd, didn't know that you could do it without an boost controller. But 1st and 2nd pull like mad, but 3rd onwards, its doesnt pull as much as it did. i got a full system hks exhaust put in, but didn't make much difference.

thanks for your help guys. My car just seems slower with this new back box on, to be honest it sounds wickid, but it seems slower. if n e thing i thought it would of been quicker. strange eh? never mind, gonna get a proper system with de cat soon hopfuly that may improve it.

cheers

Ri :D

if its just the exhaust backbox then it shouldnt affect the performance in any way, you still have the standard pea shooter pipework all the way through, so changing the box at the end wont affect it at all. its only as strong as its weakest link as they say :D