Handbrake

Hi can any one help when it gets cold my handbrake gets stuck on but when weather warms up it's ok again :) any ideas

ive just been out in my car just now and itrs the exact same. my bfs glanza does this too, i would say rear calipers but i could be wrong, i know mine are bust but john aint.

park in gear with no handbrake :)

gemz x

ive just been out in my car just now and itrs the exact same. my bfs glanza does this too, i would say rear calipers but i could be wrong, i know mine are bust but john aint.

park in gear with no handbrake :)

gemz x

Ye it's shit isn't it I park it in gear most of the time but park at my mates alot and he has a mega steep drive so have to put handbrake on as well And means in the cold I keep getting stuck need to find a way to fix this

Ye it's shit isn't it I park it in gear most of the time but park at my mates alot and he has a mega steep drive so have to put handbrake on as well And means in the cold I keep getting stuck need to find a way to fix this

really shit lol. was doing handbrake turns in the snow earlier but without meaning it lol.

yea if u find a solution give me a shout lol

gemz x

really shit lol. was doing handbrake turns in the snow earlier but without meaning it lol.

yea if u find a solution give me a shout lol

gemz x

I tryed to drive to see if they free up but the same side ways every were and back brakes started smokeing some times if you just pump the brakes hard or if on steep hill ( mates drive) if it will roll back stamp on the bracks hard they free up only sometimes though I def give you a shout when I get to the bottem of this

Yeap i get this aswell, as soon as the weather turns cold, the handbrake sticks on, but find its usually only on one side. This was pretty evident last night stuck on last night, disk got way too hot so stopped to throw a bit of snow on it to cool it down, was a bit of interesting driving before that, most corners i came to the car started to brake free into an over steering stiuation. But yeah it pisses you off when the handbrake sticks on when its cold weather.

ive heard its the moisture in the handbrake cables freezing. i just leave mine in gear with handbrake off dont wanna risk it lol

that interesting i will have to have a look when weathers better and see if the cable sheath is in tacked no splits ect which may let excess water and moisture in