ok guys, i really need some help with this.

pretty much every journey i make now the engine electrics light comes on and stays on till i turn off the ignition, it doesnt come on when im booting it, but when im just cruising along in a high gear.

on the way home tonight i was in 5th and accelurated up to about 70mph but as the boost lights started to come on as the turbo kicked in the whole car, well, all i can describe it as "coughed" and the engine electrics light came on.

i have tried the diagnosis that is sticky'd in technical, but the pins are in a different place on my car compared to the diagram, so i looked on the inside of the lid and connected the bit of wire up to the te1 & e1 ports, as it says but the engine electrics light didnt come on at all???

anyone got any ideas????

Rich.

Sounds abit like fuel cut mate. What mods do you have?

I didnt realise you had done a 4EFTE conversion?! :D

nah, i got a glanza now chap.

fuel cut? really? does the engine management light come on when you reach fuel cut?

as for mods.... well its standard!!! i havent changed anything!! what could be causing it?

cheers damage, i'll try and wire them in a bit more securely now.

its strange that you say fuel cut, because the engine electrics light has probably come on about 5-6 times since ive had it, but last night was the first time it "spluttered"

Rich.

ok mate, i tried what you said and it worked!

it came up with code 34 which is turbo pressure!?!?

but if you look on the list it has no reason or component?? so what do i do?

Rich.

ok, update.

ive had a poke around in the engine bay, and remembered this:

boostpipe.jpg

this is one of the pipes that attaches to the actuater, it appears to have a 'T' peice in it which leads off to a blue hose that is blocked at the end with a bolt.

bostpipe.jpg

im gonna investigate how hard it would be to replace this, but would it even be causing this problem??

the only other thing i can think of is the high & low boost mod which i have done, but surely it cant be that?

Rich.

Hey mate. Take out the blue pipe plus the black pipes going through it. It could be ones of those pipes is leaking hence why you are hitting full boost. After taking all that piece of piping out from the actuator and turbo get a pipe which you definetly know its not torn and pass it from the actuator directly to the turbo and lose the T. It could be its slightly hitting fuel cut and at the same time you'd let off the gas hence why you dont feel that jerk mate. On my mates it that aswell. Get that piping sorted how I told you first and try it out mate

Also from memory code 34 is fuel cut

the black pipes look like theyre just connected to the actuator, ie looped around. your actuator gets no boost feed to open it = unregulated boost.

one pipe is ment to go to the compressor housing. the other goes up to the boost solenoid. check if theyre correct, they might be, it just looks asif in the pics

the black pipes look like theyre just connected to the actuator, ie looped around. your actuator gets no boost feed to open it = unregulated boost.

one pipe is ment to go to the compressor housing. the other goes up to the boost solenoid. check if theyre correct, they might be, it just looks asif in the pics

I doubt he has them hooked up like that mate. It looks like that because the blue pipe is in the middle were the pipe from the actuator to the turbo is. If it was from one port of the actuator to the other he would be hittin 2bar all the time as the actuator wouldnt know when to let the wastegate open as no boost would be going through it :D

He'd do serious damage before mate as fuel cut only comes at certain rpm. At low rpm you can still hit 20+ psi. PS Done it on mine :D Its true from the pic looks like that but im pressumin its cause of the blue pipe bein in the middle

yeah, just checked it mate, all is good, that pipe goes onto the compressor housing, and then the other one goes up to the boost solenoid.

just gonna wait for it to cool down then change that pipe.

what happens if changing this pipe does nothing? what else could it be? as there were no other codes coming up on the engine diagnosis?

ok, replaced the pipe, and its boosts alot smoother now, rather than coming in with a bang... but...

it had been fine all night... i decided to give it a boot full now and again to see if i could make it do it, and it was fine. but on the way back i had it at 40mph in 5th, floored it and the boost slowly started cutting in until it got to full boost and then... the electrics light came on again! jesus! this is gettin stupid now!!

to be fair there was no 'cough' at all (unlike before), but i tested it when i got home and it was code 34 again. is that defineately fuel cut?? because on the guide it has no cause or part listed?? is it just a fact of life or what??

Rich.