Got an SR 1.3, going to give it a good service and new oil and that then i want to get my SR producing more than 100bhp.

Is it possible to get an SR over 100bhp? and if so what do i need to do to get this sorta power from a small engine :rolleyes:

would appreciate any comments ;)

It's possible but many people have researched/discussed/thought about doing it (including myself) but not actually done it.

The main reason is because for the amount of money you spend you could get much better results from a turbo.

There is also a lack of "proven knowledge" because nobody has really tried anything. But it's definately possible.

Have a look round the net for articles on general engine tuning, things like cams, manifolds, etc...

if you go into technical and engine discussions for the na there are loads about how to gt more power. first thing first get yourself a corolla manifold :rolleyes:. id say dont get an induction kit but stay with the airbox and get a good panel filter and thats a good start.

if you do that to start and then wait abit enzo from here is doin an sr project with alot of custom stuff to try get more from the na engine and i think it would be worth the wait.

mine made 87.5 with a decat and a corolla manifold ( also had induction kit and exhaust but the guy said if anything it was making it worse because they wrere pants ;) ) thats about 13bhp up on standard.

I wouldn't say induction kits are that bad, depending on filter quality/pipe diameter and length/position.

If you're going to stick with the airbox, do away with the stupid resonator thing, and drill a hole in the bottom of the airbox and put another cold air feed in there.

The "problem" with getting alot of power out of the 4EFE is that you'll end up with a highly strung, peaky engine, which is the sort of thing I like, but some people like to have a lot of low end torque, which you wont get with a 4EFE.

Yeah i already have a corolla mani in my garage waitin to go on ;) and a straight through exhaust so must be pushing about 80-85 bhp right?

cheers tho will have a lil mooch around the technical section see if can get some info on it :rolleyes:

The "problem" with getting alot of power out of the 4EFE is that you'll end up with a highly strung, peaky engine, which is the sort of thing I like, but some people like to have a lot of low end torque, which you wont get with a 4EFE.

yea unfortunately thats the only option which i perer also, but to get any decent numbers from the 4efe will require some lairy cams and higher compression.

ive amassed a few parts now for this project im just waiting till i can get a time slot from gmc to get my first dyno graph to start with a base line and work up from there

yea unfortunately thats the only option which i perer also, but to get any decent numbers from the 4efe will require some lairy cams and higher compression.

ive amassed a few parts now for this project im just waiting till i can get a time slot from gmc to get my first dyno graph to start with a base line and work up from there

ah cool mate i will be lookin out for your thread showin what ya doing... may have to take a few pointers that work for you and use them on my SR :rolleyes: Something for a few of us to look forward to i think ;)