hi can any one help i have just gone up the road in my car and when i pulled back up there was loads of steam coming from under the bonnet had a look and there was a stream of water pissing out from looks like were the manifold cornets to the block its that or the block its self but could not see properly as a lot of steam and now its coled down still have no idea for sure i have looked there is a bit of coolant in expansion bottle but rad cap is a bit brown and sluggy it had a new engine about 7 to 8 mouths ago as head gasket went i am thinking it might have gone again and coolant being pushed out the manifold is this possible ? :(

what a great start to the year :D

with it been cold the hose that gos to the turbo could of snaped check that aswell

or the head could be cracked :(

i will have a look but it had a stream of water which looked to be coming out of the manifold were it bolts to the block on the top right hand bolt if you are standing in font of the car look at the engine

that's not good i was hoping it was not the block but had another look there is a small mark were it could be but still hard to see it to dark it could just be a machine mark not sure the engine has only been in about 7 to 8 mouths this sucks .Is it a good idea tomorrow to top up coolant and start it to see if i can see the leak or is this a bad idea ? or shall i just strip it ?

Guest dominodon

As jay said, Look at it and check for the leak in the day befor striping..

No point stripping it until you know what you are dealing with mate.

Wait for daylight then top it up with coolant and start the engine. You should see the leak pretty easily if it's at the front of the engine, switch off the engine soon as you see it. Do not let the car run without coolant in it otherwise you will blow the headgasket.

i would'nt start it matey i would just have a good look around if you have to strip it then go for it like me and jay have said check the water feed hose that gos to the turbo aswell :(

OK cheers i wont start it i will have a good look in the morning and check the hose

thanks for the help guys fingers crossed its not the bock :D

im no car mechanic but just wait till day light then you can have a good look around but if you still cant see anything then top here up with water and see where the leak is comeing from, hope things arnt as bad as it seem matey good luck :(

As jay said, Look at it and check for the leak in the day befor striping..

o OK so i should start it then i thought this would be the easiest way to find the leak but just did not want to do an damage to engine i

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys good news well for me any way lol it was the turbo water hose i been lazy only just looked at it today bloody weather ant helped but have to say thanks guys for the help and mickyboy and jaystar you were spot on with the turbo water hose thank god cheers boys :thumbsup:

Aye the weather is serious at the minute, near impossible to work on cars without frostbite kicking in!

Glad you got sorted mate.

Jay

ye tell me about it. It was so cold when i was doing it had to dig the car out first witch was mission