Fitting 6x9's In The Rear - Sportif 3 Door 97

Hey, Firstly i'd like to thank this forum for helping me with several issues in the past and I apologise if this has already been posted although the search tool didn't find anything alike.

I just purchased vibe 6x9s and i'd like to install then in the rear in the parcel shelf(?) Heres a bit of background. My father has been a starlet enthusiast for years and we have 4 currently. My brother has 6x9s installed in his rear parcel shelf although his is an SR model. Apparently the wires were installed already in his as the previous owner may have had speakers already in the rear or thats the way they come as standard?

I'd like to install them myself and get some experience. Will there already be wiring in the rear for these speakers? I have the wire available already if not, I'm just not sure exactly what I am doing and if anyone could tell me where to look for things or simply exactly what I have to do to get a wire to the rear to connect to the speakers.

Many thanks. :)

In an SR, there are rear speakers already in the shelf with wiring.

With my 6x9's i just took the old ones out, drilled more out for the speakers to sit in then wire them up.

Sportif's don't have parcel shelf speakers i believe. I think its just simply routing speaker why to the boot to connect. Im not the best audio person mate but there yah go :)

Yup^ CD/SR/GLS are the only N/As that came with rear parcel shelf speakers the wire is already there (its like toothpick thin)

you will have to run your own speaker wire from the head unit connector block. With the speakers they usually come with a paper template put that on and drill in the middle of it through the shelf....then slowly cut out the shape.

Yup^ CD/SR/GLS are the only N/As that came with rear parcel shelf speakers the wire is already there (its like toothpick thin)

you will have to run your own speaker wire from the head unit connector block. With the speakers they usually come with a paper template put that on and drill in the middle of it through the shelf....then slowly cut out the shape.

Thank you! Do you know where I can locate the head unit connector block? I've been told that on a previous starlet we owned we just disconnected the two front speakers and ran the cable straight to the boot. I'd rather have the front ones included too if thats a good idea? Just need to know the location of the connector block and I can begin :)

Edit: Is it just the speaker cable that I need then also? Is this a simple job?

ive literally just had my head-unit out 30min ago grrrrrr could have had a look for you :)

the connector for the headunit is where you need to attach the 4 wires (when you pull the headunit out you will see it) all you need then is a run of decent speaker cable and some spade type connectors (these usually come with the speakers) and your good to go.

Bare with me tomorrow if the weather is good enough ill open it back up and give you the colours for the speaker cables (the japs used some random colours like pink, blue,yellow, green, white, white stripped etc etc) and a few pics of how its run

Asad