Guys Please Help :(

Guest ep82_girl

Guest ep82_girl

hiya all please please help :wub:

was driving may car today everything was fine, then i started to go up a small hill on the m4 when all of a sudden the standard boost gauge shot all the way to the top so all the orange lights were on, i had no power what so ever and the car was sounding like a tractor!!!!

i pulled over and while the turbo timer was running the car was sounding like it was going to stall as revs were dropping low and then it was reving at its self to boost the revs back up.

the last time she sounded like this was when she was mis-firing after a garage flooded my engine when they steam cleaned her :D but she ahs had new dizzy, leads and plugs all in the last 6 months.

did phone dave in a panic and he said to check leads were all connected which they were.

i just have no power once she hits boost-feels like someone is pulling the car back when im trying to get it to go :D:o

it was all running fine and then went like this. i never boot the car and was toddling along the m4 at a constant 65mph when this happened.

if anyone can shed any light i would be so greatful cause at the moment i dont know what im doing wrong with this car-maybe im just not meant to be a starlet owner :p

luv ep82_girl + Oky

xxx

you can chew threw a set of leads in six months,

my advice would be to check your spark plugs then work your way back from there,

so you will need to get someone to whap the plugs out and to check the colour and spacin of them.

it does not sound like anything too serius.

Guest ep82_girl

checked they are all fine and my fmic pipe used to come off alot before dave sorted it and its not the same sound or affect as what it used to do.

i even had a problem trying to reverse the car into the garage it was vibrating like hell and reving its tits off!!!

xxx

as i said on facebook sounds like boost leak. get someone to rev the car and look around the intercooler, turbo efi pipe etc anywhere that holds boost check. plus dont drive it if it is leaking boost cause you dont wna bugga the turbo up lol

is the engine overheating at all by the way???

Guest ep82_girl
you can chew threw a set of leads in six months,

my advice would be to check your spark plugs then work your way back from there,

so you will need to get someone to whap the plugs out and to check the colour and spacin of them.

it does not sound like anything too serius.

the car is only driven once maybe twice a week and i checked the leads and they seem fine-they are 8.8mm splitfire leads to so they are good quality. i took the leads off and pushed back on and still same problem :wub:

xxx

Guest ep82_girl
as i said on facebook sounds like boost leak. get someone to rev the car and look around the intercooler, turbo efi pipe etc anywhere that holds boost check. plus dont drive it if it is leaking boost cause you dont wna bugga the turbo up lol

is the engine overheating at all by the way???

nope not boost pipes hunni, my boost pipe used to blow off regular and its not the same effect, sound or problem. the lights on the standard boost gauge never shot up like they did this time!!! i cant even reverse the car into the garage without the car reving and vibrating like hell!!!

no car not over heating at all-oil pressure, water temp all the same and the boost gague ive fitted (after market one) was running the same as it normally does!!!

xxx

mine did this yesterday on the way home from plymouth a hgv went past me covering the car in water in must have went in though the scoop and went all over the distributor and it just died :o and when it did start it sounded like a tractor i just covered the distributor, leads etc in ac90 and started the car up again and all was fine. I then discovered the distributor has a bloody big crack where the king lead connects :wub:

Guest ep82_girl

about 8 months ago a garage steamed cleaned my engine and didnt cover anything :wub:

she was doing very similar then so i changed the plugs and dizzy and then got new leads.

could water have got in when i lifted my bonnet after it had been raining??? (really stupid question i know)

it was a bit noisey and revey yesterday but i drove it and it was fine and it was fine to start off!!!

dont know if this helps but it does it more when going up hills!!!

xxx

I can see how that would work yeah, especially as you know have a front mount, top of block now fully exposed, but we came to the conclusion on mine it was that that was catching the water and then letting it drip down, just a thought though

mark

Guest ep82_girl

maybe next time i have to park the car out in the rain il attach a carrier bag to the rag lol

i did park her out in the rain for a few hours yesterday but she ahs been out in the rain before and ive driven her in the raina dn never had this problem

xxx

Hmmm i just dont know whats rong as enzo and a few othere people have said i can help untill i here/see your car but by the sounds of it.. it could be dizzy leads or plugs or something silly like vacuuem pipe come off somewhere thats why it reving so hi....sorry im not been much help lol :D