Anyone got experience upgrading the cam?

I doubt very much that the stock 1.3 has the same cam as the GT Turbo mate.

The 4EFE is a high compression motor, where as the 4EFTE is a low compression due to it being a turbo, so the cam profile should be different.

Running high lift cams on a turbo is normally a no no, as the turbo provides the "high" compression when it's on full boost. That's not to say it can't be done, just not a practicle thing to do.

If your motor is destined for the street, I would look at a medium lift cam that's not too wild on its timing. Lots of people go for wild cams and loose loads of power low down.

HTH

EarL.

If you click on the ling and just do a search by car you can see the cams on there.

Was looking at a 270/280 degree sport road cam operates between 2000 and 6000 rpm. Its not wild epensive and with the head coming off why not put one in, also going to get er remapped to sort any idleing probs out and get the most from my mods.

I need to do alot of research before i commit to buying though, so most the weekend and a few days next week will be spent makin phone calls and reading

I've been looking into the difference in the cylinder heads recently. Camshafts are different between the 4efe and the 4efte. I'm unure of the exact physical changes made in the two but I'd hold fire until you can clarify these. No point spending your hard earned on a possible dead end mate.

What is different Jay if you dont mind me asking ?

• 4 weeks later...

the fhe ones have slightly more lift, aparently an upgrade to be had there but no roling road comparisons have been done to verify this,

im wandering if i stick my 4efe cams in my 4efte if would do anything for low end torque?