cheers sparky. he keeps askin if anyone said anythin about it and gets dissapointed when i say a couple of people ;)

anyhoo update time.

gettin things ready for paintin by replacing alot if knackered bits

blockagain.jpg

block.jpg

i spy....

block2.jpg

carbon

block4.jpg

P1010005-3.jpg

P1010006-3.jpg

P1010007-2.jpg

P1010008-1.jpg

P1010009-1.jpg

P1010011.jpg

after changing his mind loads its defo going white now ;) as ya can tell with the little tester on the slam panel at the front. gonna do the bay ourselfves and get the engine in and then off to the body shop for paint and new arches and sills.

he uses jdmyo forum dunno if anyone else does but as far as i know its crap and he kept askin questions and they said they doubt he will ever actually do anythin to his car so saving up all these updates to post at once on there lol.

nah not carbon doors just better condition ones of a black eg. would be good tho. or probs not because his garage got broken into the night after we fitten all the above stuff. took the totaly fecked wheels ;)

yeh they have nice cars but they tossers :)

lol yeh all the stuff they took was goin in the bin anyhoo. they also dragged an old seized engine from behind the lockup to the side of it. why i have no idea. hope they dont try again and then give up and set fire 2 it. got 3 mega padlocks on it.

im no honda nut but its more than 105 stock. they not around 130 ?? so goin by thoes figures its only 20 bhp more and skunk2 gaurantee a good gain over standard just with the inlet.

then if ya say lightened flywheel

straight through exhaust

aem fuel rail and fpr

aem induction kit. i think that sounds about right.

Depends which D16 it is... But i think you're off the mark as the majority of them make around 110.

Plus you're going to need different management to make use of the mods. Skunk2 Cam and Manifold is well and good but you using the stock D16 throttle body and stock managemen? Sorry not trying to burst your bubble but they arent that easy to tune. If you wanted more power a B18 to start with would have been a better call or thinking of Turbo from the off

there 135 standard. 1.6 non vtec has about 100. got a p28 ecu for it which is mappable. im not as daft to think i can just whack bits on a car and hope it sorts its fuelin etc out itself. its going turbo at some point anyway. dont think the size of the throttle body is gonna be much of an issue for what we askin from it.

Z6 is one of the better ones i'll give you that, but quoted power you might read is one thing, actual power is another. Assume its making 115-120 in stock form. If you're going to the expense that you are my advice (and i do have some knowledge here ;-) ) invest in some better valve springs, Skunk2 should list them. Then look at raising the rev limit, give yourself some more time between shifts, VTEC is quite short lived on the D16

i still believe 150 is achievable with that before turboing it. lookin through threads on my mates honda tech account there was a guy put out 150 with skunk2 mani exhaust and filter and thats basically what he is aiming for.

original plan was to get cams inlet mani and valve springs but the cam was discontinued. sure it was skunk2 one he was going for. dunno if he was gonna raise the limit or not. guess he will see how it runs.

so now the plan is to make it to the spec i said and get it in the car running properly the way he wants and then get it off the road again to turbo it.

as for expenses im not fused because its his and i just help with everythin so dont cost me. to be honest i think he doin this in spite of folk who say just get a b16 or 18 lol. just like on here when someone asks how much power can be had with a 4efe most responses say get a 4efte :D

Z6 is one of the better ones i'll give you that, but quoted power you might read is one thing, actual power is another. Assume its making 115-120 in stock form. If you're going to the expense that you are my advice (and i do have some knowledge here ;-) ) invest in some better valve springs, Skunk2 should list them. Then look at raising the rev limit, give yourself some more time between shifts, VTEC is quite short lived on the D16

You won't make any power up there, we rev the stock springs to 8000 without problems. I wouldn't fancy doing that on the stock rod bolts though.

I reckon it'll make 125hp, engines don't really loose power with age. Been realistic if its mapped well it should make 140+hp.

Best thing would have been to turbo it. :D

he says he will defo turbo it after its running but just would be happy with roughly that figure first so he can run it till he saves for a good turbo kit. am i right in saying these engines internaly can handle the boost and power ok till over 250 without forgin ?

• 1 month later...

guess what. changed his mind and sold the engine lol. goin for the b16 route now but concentrating on bodywork first.

just decided fek it everything off lol

P3120009.jpg

P3120001.jpg

P3120006.jpg

and goin to underseal the whole car and get it new brake lines, fuel lines , all new bushes everywhere and new handlin stuff all round. so most things will be either new or hamerited to death :) only really have pictures of the front arches undersealed but they not very exciting.

P3120002.jpg

P3120003.jpg

hope to do the same to my car in a while.

aww i moan at him alll the time but still help lol. he was gonna get an h22 for a day or so then changed his mind again. cant wait to get my car off the road because i know exactly what ill be doing to it. like how your the only ones the comments :)

Nice build, I was hoping you was going to do the D16 Turbo route, I just sold my civic, had an Ek4 with the B16a2....was fun and ridiculously loud on vtec, try get him to do the B16 Head and B20 Block route...meant to be good? someone correctme if im wronggg...