4efe Pistons On 5efe Engine?

as far as im aware the extra dome on top of the piston might hit off the bottom of the valves requiring mechining of around that area on the head.

it can be done but im not aware of anywone doing it,

one guy, Jezza on the au forum was banging on about doing it but i dont think he got that far,

this would be great for raising the compression.

have you done the calculations to see how much it raises the compression by?

as far as im aware the extra dome on top of the piston might hit off the bottom of the valves requiring mechining of around that area on the head.

it can be done but im not aware of anywone doing it,

one guy, Jezza on the au forum was banging on about doing it but i dont think he got that far,

this would be great for raising the compression.

have you done the calculations to see how much it raises the compression by?

No but some people told me that i can use honda civic pistons p29 and work good

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/86-99-1-6L-...sQ5fAccessories

buut i was thinking to get the 4efe pistons to have the block with no bore thing but if they dont fit i would go the 5efe pistons or the 5efhe...

• 2 weeks later...

4efe - 9.8-1

5efe 9.6-1

4fte 8.2-1

they us the same heads, same headgaskets so difference is in the piston crown or lack of. Skim your 5efe head or use trd 0.6mm gasket same thing. My 4efe turns the guage til 220psi or so if that helps, although so did my 5efe thats weird?

thats because they are the same compression.

your mistaken mate,

4efe & and both gen1 + 2 5efe are 9.6.1

the fhe is 9.8.1

there are slight differences in head design between versions of 5efe and not all head gaskets are the same between the 5e and e seires engines.

a hi comp engine 5e would consist of 4e pistons, 5e rods in a 5e block with the right head gasket and valve releafs cut into the piston crown.

im not bright enough to figure out the compression but it should bump it up a bit. i want to do this too.

@ juliogonza, ive found a four branch corolla intake manifold for you if your interested.

See what you mean enzo, but we only have the 2nd gen 5efe here and the 4efe, so the heads are the same, headgaskets are the same between all 2nd gen 4efe, 5efe and there the same as the 4efte's. The 5e has a tiny crowned pistoned, the 4efe has massive crowned piston although compression is the same because 5efe starts compression from an inch lower in the bore. The 1st gen 4e n 5e wont mate up to 2nd gen so wouldnt count them in this thread.