Hi guys,

Right, a question for you,

a couple of weeks ago i was driving along in the glanza, and suddenly my boost gauge just read 0.2 bar of boost in high. i checked the actuator and it was really sloppy, so i assumed that the actuator went.

i bought an HKS actuator 2 days ago and fitted it today, and frustratingly it is still just running 0.2 bar of boost.

The bar on the actuator has been set at 128mm which should i believe be 0.5bar.

i've checked all connections and they seem fine, i've re-set the ECU, i've removed the vacuum pipe off the actuator (at this point it should run infinate boost we think???) and it still runs at 0.2 bar of boost max.

Which leads us to the conclusion that the wastegate may be cracked (the turbo itself seems fine, it spools up fine), but apart from the wastegate has anyone got any other ideas?

any help/suggestions would be greatly recieved.

Thanks

Tony

sounds like either a vacuum leak (check ALL the hoses) or the actuator as you've found out, but 128mm will not be 0.5bar on every car, they're ALL different, the only way you'll tune it is to adjust it in small increments and see how it affects the boost, you've obviously got yours set very low, or have a vacuum leak (cracked wastegate would prob lead to tremendous boost creep, not a sudden boost drop as such, but it is possible im sure).

adjust the actuator accordingly and see how you get on, otherwise, find the leak :D