Need Help With Turbo

Guest cheshireglanza

Guest cheshireglanza

got my forged engine running last night with td04 turbo took the car out for quick run when i got to set off lights could see smoke coming from under the bonnet pulled over had look in engine bay loads off blue smoke coming from round bottom off turbo it boosted fine didnt over heat what could it be :)

If its smoking from the bottom of the turbo it could be the gasket/or it could be cause you have just fitted the turbo and its just burning the access shit off/oil you have droped on it or something.....let it tick over for 20min or so the take it for another spin :) if you have lots of smoke comeing out of the exhaust when you give it big licks then i would be a bit concerned but you dont you have smoke comeing out from where the turbo is it self :p

Not a problem mate just let it warm up for a bit then take it for a spin when the boost kicks in have a look in your rear view mirror for smoke you might get a bit thats normal but if it dose it bad give that lad a call ASAP :)

Guest cheshireglanza
Did you fit new gaskets with the turbo?

They smoke quite a bit on first start up

Gary

it starts up fine no smoke soon has engine gets warn smoke from bottom off turbo got really bad if there was leak onto hot engine but i cant see any leaks so going to get it on car lift tonight

Guest cheshireglanza

I left comment in my build ya its fine now getting it mapped and the fueling sorted tues

reason it was smoking was fuel has to lean and the mani was burning heat wrap off which made it smoke really bad :)

Orr well thats good to no at least your turbo is ok :) if it is runing lean dont be giveing it big licks you will kill you engine its better to run abit rich then it keeps things cool :p im sure you will know that any lol