Hi. In the next couple of weeks i'll be buying a few things for my Glanza. The car came with a Blitz SUS power air filter, Kakimoto exhaust & De-cat and a Blitz BOV. In time i'll be swapping the exhaust for a Blitz NUR spec R system & De-cat as the system on it now is on its last legs. Here is a list of things ill be buying, its just to see what you guys think and if I need anything else that I may have missed:

Boost Gauge

Speedo converter

HKS actuator

HDI FMIC

SARD FPR

While you have the turbo off I would strongly recommend porting the 3rd runner on the manifold, and you may as well even port the wastegate on the turbo. By doing this to the manifold, you will be allowing it to flow better and therefore less 'strain' on the 3rd cylinder. It will be safer for you to turn the boost up in the future also. It's fairly common for the 3rd cylinder to fail and most of the time it is due to this afaik. When you do eventually turn the boost up it's likely to suffer boost creep - porting the wastegate will help avoid this problem. If you would like a tutorial, check out the tutorial section as I'm pretty sure there are some handy guides in there.

Thanks for the info mate. I have been looking through and I am thinking of maybe fitting a CT12 Hybrid turbo off Enzo. Would I be able to use the standard wastegate with this? Also, if I removed the aircon and relocated the air filter to the front will this stop boost creep? I forgot to mention in the list I was going to buy a manifold but unsure which one to get. I like the stainless manifolds but apparently they crack easy. So thinking either WEPR or Zisco?

the new hybrid mate has an internal wastegate already.and i would suggest getting a zisco one.ull be fine with a syainless steel one as long as its braced properly and the mani faces are completely flat.And if your uping the boost you will need a walbro fuel pump and a fuel pressure reg and at min a Fuel cut defencer

If I was in the market for a manifold, I would buy Race Tech/Zisco/WEPR. I've had WEPR so would probably go for Zisco this time, but Race Tech if I could afford it. I wouldn't trust any other manifold including the SPS, seen too many bad ones around to chance it. The stock manifold with a good porting does a good job too, and because its made out of cast iron it is less likely to crack.

As Matt said if you are going to turn the boost over .8 bar then you will want more fuelling mods.

The wastegate is actually part of the turbo, so if you bought a Hybrid then you would have a new wastegate. Chances are that it comes with a bigger wastegate, so there would be no need to port it.

Moving the filter to the front will allow more air to be taken in, so if anything, this will only cause boost creep and not actually take it away. Usually it can be cured by covering the filter up though (once relocated) with foam or something so that it doesn't take in as much air, or just make the intake longer.

Okay mate. Will get a price on a Zisco then. Had another look and the TD12 hybrids only use an external wastegate so might just go for the CT9 hybrid. I'm looking for gains up to about 180-200 bhp. Will I achieve this with all things listed above and the parts you mentioned also?

Yes if you run it at 1 bar of boost on the stock turbo then you'll be good for 180bhp. On the Hybrid I'd say around 210bhp. It would be a pretty fast road car to say the least! I would avoid using a Fuel cut defender, and would rather pay out the extra for a piggy back ECU such as the Emanage Blue and get it tuned properly.

Moving the filter to the front will allow more air to be taken in, so if anything, this will only cause boost creep and not actually take it away. Usually it can be cured by covering the filter up though (once relocated) with foam or something so that it doesn't take in as much air, or just make the intake longer.

If I kept the filter where they usually are, at the back near the bulkhead. Will this be okay? I might keep it running around .8 bar for a while this way I wont need to do any fuelling mods straight away. Until I get a bit more extra cash.

If I was in the market for a manifold, I would buy Race Tech/Zisco/WEPR. I've had WEPR so would probably go for Zisco this time, but Race Tech if I could afford it. I wouldn't trust any other manifold including the SPS, seen too many bad ones around to chance it.

I'm pretty sure racetech supplied dane with the "SPS" mani's, aswell as the oil feeds....

As far as I know, the only ones Ricky supplied were the last ones he sold. They were stainless steel with 1 year warranty, and was priced at around £350. I am pretty sure Ricky didn't make the other mild steel ones, but I could be wrong.

As for the oil fees, oops. :thumbsup: