Knock Sensor

ok, as some of you are aware I've had a problem with the engine management light coming on at about 2500 revs, followed this VERY helpfull guide http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1563 and it brought up error 52 which is the knock sensor..

basicly what im wanting to know are the following...

1. were abouts is the knock sensor in the engine bay (pictures please!!!)

2. why would this have occured

3. is it bad???

cheers guys, any help on this would be much appreciated as I've never been envolved with knock sensors, cheers.

Ah I was right then!

1. The sensor is under the inlet manifold. If your facing the engine bay, then its on the left of the inlet just underneath it.

2. The wire might have been cut or damaged. It's only a single wire so can easily break, had the same problem in the past.

3. As long as you get it sorted you'll be fine. I think the ECU will go on Safe mode if it doesn't get a knock reading. The car will usually go shit slow too, well our old GT did. It didn't even boost proprly, but once the knock sensor back on it was flying again.

Hope that helps.

i dont have a pic but its under the manifold it looks like a big nut lol with a sensor comeing off it

if i was you dan id chech to make sure the the lead that gos to the sensor is on right I've know the lead going to the knock sensor come off

I've just had a quick look but cant see it for the life of me, if its possible guys could you find a picture of an engine out and roughly show me were it goes?? sorry to be a pain in the ass

would it be better to get underneath the car?

Are you 100% sure its the knock sensor? what management are you runing cause when i was runing the power fc in my old glanza the engine management light was flickering through the revs not on tick over and it was doing it because i was useing shit fuel it sounds silly i no but the ecu was mapped for hi octane fuel so when i put shit fuel in it change the timeing and the ecu didnt like it if you get me lol