How Much Do You Think...

How much do you think I could pick up a decent nic engine from?

I use my car every day but was thinking of getting back into engine building as I rebuild an engine with my Dad a few years back and enjoyed it.

Was thinking that if I got a spare engine I could work on that then just swap it into my car at a later date.

How much might I pick up a good 4E or 5E for?

Steve

^ chesh are you meaning a 4efe? you wont get a 4efte for price lol!!

Your talking £400 for a 4efte. could be a tad more.

if i were you id look into the rebuild of the 4efte.. if rebuilt you can make your money on rebuilt engines, if you decided to sell it.

my advice... build this one get it looking good & running then the engine removed... rebuild that and sell it on you'd make about

450 - 600 on a fully rebuilt good nick engine.

am sure i've seen good nick 4efte's with average miles going for around the £400 mark, or as Glanza-Love says, maybe look into rebuilding engines to make yourself a bit of cash.

I just sold a full 4EFTE with everything attached for £550. Awesome condition engine with only 67k kms on the clocks iirc (will have to check the clocks as I can't remember, but it was low mileage).

I've previously sold a good condition engine for £300, without anything attached.

And this week I am buying a 5E block for £100 (just the bottom end to forge).

If you want a bare 4E block to get the ball rolling, give me a shout. I've got a few here.

^ chesh are you meaning a 4efe? you wont get a 4efte for price lol!!

Your talking £400 for a 4efte. could be a tad more.

if i were you id look into the rebuild of the 4efte.. if rebuilt you can make your money on rebuilt engines, if you decided to sell it.

my advice... build this one get it looking good & running then the engine removed... rebuild that and sell it on you'd make about

450 - 600 on a fully rebuilt good nick engine.

ill be doing that. good to know i stand to make a little gain from it :).

@idrees if you come across another one for that price let me know :)