depends if it's actually set up... do you have a boost gauge? what boost are you running?

if you are running like 0.85 or 0.9 then potentially yes you could damage your engine, check your boost if to high lower it.

with out a rrfpr to increase the fuel pressure you might be running leaner then usual... but thats all dependant on if it's actually doing anything lol

depends if it's actually set up... do you have a boost gauge? what boost are you running?

if you are running like 0.85 or 0.9 then potentially yes you could damage your engine, check your boost if to high lower it.

with out a rrfpr to increase the fuel pressure you might be running leaner then usual... but thats all dependant on if it's actually doing anything lol

My gauge is broke now mate but it was hiting 6.5 or 7.0 iirc

Yes. It can damage your engine in the wrong instances.

Have a scan at the unit and see what it is set to. The HKS FCD tricks the ecu into thinking it is not boosting as high as it is actually boosting. This avoids hitting fuelcut but also means the fuelling does not match the engine requirements. This is a bad thing.

If the FCD is set to 0 then it's not doing anything.

If it is set to another number (usually 8) then you need to get the fuelling checked with a wideband. A local tuner is the most likely port of call for a fuelling check.

Hope that helps,

Jay

If its set at 8 mate can a not just take the fcd off? A will go out soon and check

If your only hitting 6.5/7 you'll be fine, because the FCD isnt actually doing anything.. The FCD is there to stop hitting fuel cut which is like 0.8/0.85.

not necessarily, if the fcd is set to anything it will be going something... it could be leaning off the whole boost curve.

i would set it to 0 or take it out... unless you want it, in which case get a rrfpr and get the fueling looked at :p

@Mickey :lol: , it will come down soon. unless your busting more ethernet crimes! :p

not necessarily, if the fcd is set to anything it will be going something... it could be leaning off the whole boost curve.

i would set it to 0 or take it out... unless you want it, in which case get a rrfpr and get the fueling looked at :lol:

@Mickey boy :p , it will come down soon. unless your busting more ethernet crimes! :phr:

Think a will take it out very soon and sell it tbh. Set it at zero the now

A HKS FCD leans out the whole rev range so it can run lean even at stock boost levels.

You can switch it to zero so as it's not affecting your fuelling or remove it but I feel it may have been fitted for a reason - you may hit fuel cut without it.

If it were mine I'd fit a fuel regulator and boost controller then go get it tuned.. :p

But a havent got the money to do that right now bud or a would. So what will a do? Dont want to fuck my engine