New Back Box - Will This Mess My Map Up?

Well got my car back from ricky at race tech yesterday after having a td04 kit fitted and mapped to 1.1 bar on an emanage blue smile.gif im loving it at the moment tbh, however my back box is getting really bad now, ricky did mention it to me and said im going to need a new one as the baffles inside it have come loose and are starting to make very strange noises. Also its only 2.25inch. If you lot give the go ahead im going to go to longlife and get a 2.5 inch back box fitted tomorrow. The only thing im worried about is if its going to mess my map up?

i think im gonna get the backbox fitted tomorrow, then hopefully there will be some1 about the bristol area that has a wideband i can quikly use to double check the air to fuel ratios ok just to be on the safe side :lol: cheerz lads

It's common procedure to check your AFR's with a wideband after installing anything that could improve flow. The extra flow could induce extra boost and lead to issues with your original map.

I can't see a backbox making much difference but it will depend on the car and setup in question. I'd advise getting it rechecked just to be safe buddy.

Jay

Agreed with Jay, if you need a wideband check just pop over to us and i can do it for you no worrys.

Kind Regards,

Nick Jones

Tuning Developments LTD

Workshop Landline - 01925 822266

TuningDevelopments@Hotmail.com

www.TuningDevelopments.co.uk