Wiring In Turbo Timer.

hey got the harness yestersday.

the black wire with spade terminal on is for the earth,

theres 4 more wires coming out of the actual turbo timer harness. any ideas which one will be for the handbrake? should i just wire them all to the handbrake one by one to find out which one it is. and whats the rest of em for? guessing not alot.

it wont damage the car or the controller by doing that???

cheers.

yep, it does, have been reading up some instalation guides on google, and it seems everyone has some wires left over. wonder why they bother putting them in then.

you reckon itll be ok to test them all to see which is the handbrake? in fact now i think bowt it i think one of the 4wires is purple. ill try that one frist.

its a ultra turbo timer, it runs through a blitz harness though, going back t o my earlier question, will it be safe to test all 4 of them wires on the handbrake to see which is the right one.

usually it just wont work because the circut is broken, if you have a blitz harness , its the purple wire that goes to the handbrake,

this says that , scroll down half way to the harness diagram,

http://www.rtec.ch/blitz_dtt_manual.html

it probably wont do it any damage, dont do it just to be on the safe side

Yeah theres normally a Black which goes to ground, Purple Parking Brake then there is a Speed Signal wire and sometimes a RPM signal wire, all depends on the model and spec of the turbotimer :D

Kind Regards,

Nick Jones

Tuning Developments LTD

Workshop Landline - 01925 822266

TuningDevelopments@Hotmail.com

www.TuningDevelopments.co.uk

yep, mines the same as everything youve all described, just i dont have a purple wire, i have a yellow,green,black and grey wire. the yellow one is tapped up at the end so im guessing that was the speed sig wire, so its gota be one of the other 3.

ill connect them to the handbrake one by one and set the turbo timer working and take keys out, the correct wire will be the one that keeps it running, just have to do it trial and error seeign as tho im not blessed with the purple wire.lol.

thanks for all your help guys. :D