Hi Iâ??m uninsurable!

Got the insurance coming up soon, so been looking for quotes, DirectLine would give me £501 (1yrs NCD), and it would cost a mere £177 more to get my learner g/f on the car also

Good stuff, but reading the small print they won't insure modded cars for the under 25's (I'm 23 this year) so I phone up to check and yes, my alloy wheels (offical toyota ones, fitted at the toyota dealer) makes me uninsurable

1yr NCD, no accidnets ever, 3+yrs driving (this was my first year with my own policy), never broke the law, claimed dole and now supporting myself with a good job at BAe, the perfect young driver, but add alloy wheels OH SHIT!!! now he's too much of a risk to insure (guy on the phone said they'd insure me if I could the old wheels back on ;) )

AAARRRGGHHHHH [/rant]

Anyway, the real reason I posted, does anybody know if alloy wheels were an option for a ep91 Solida, I mean factory options are standard, so not modded and ok right ;)

Thanks

Dont tell them it's not standard,just pray you or anyone else doesn't crash it! The joys of modded cars! I would ring round all the insurers in the back of the jap performance mags if you still wanna declare mods.Alloys make you a risk because it makes people notice your car.They are robbing bastards the insurance guys! ;)

some silly comments in here, yeah crash...insurance comp find out...void your insurance....you have to pay for other car out of your pocket...police do you for driving with no insurance....you don't get a penny for your car... REALLY WORTH IT!!

just ring around, as mentioned go through the back of a jap-mag rather then the commercial route, alloys mean pish really in insurance terms, oh and Directline are well known for being idiots! ;)

Sounds f*ked up Wings... ;)

You need to do some more ringing around or get an insurance place u know the people in to ring for you, thats what I did.

I have my alloys, full bodykit, lowered suspension and other wee mods such as 4" zorst, induction kit and strut braces all round properly insured fully comp but Im paying over 1k. I also had an accident the year before so basically I have 0 ncd maybe 1 year after the accident if that counts. Damn lucky to insure myself for all that goodness let me tell you espesh at that price.

So its just a matter of shopping around really good and hope to get lucky, if I was an insurance company I would have no probs insuring you, I mean just the factory option alloys is hardly a risk as every damn mofo has them, bet their not insured for em. You to me would not be seen as uninsurable not one bit, but tis seems you have come across a v.picky ins comp not worth dealing with.

Oh and that company that wont insure you just because of alloys are fudge packers! ;)

Let us know how u get on Wingsmeister!

Peace Out

Joz

Can you not insure it as a starlet SR? I'm sure the premium won't be that much more and they did come with the alloys as standard did they not?

Also the reason alloy wheels increase the insurance premium is that they make the car more attractive to steal for criminals.

Phoned the insurance office my dad uses(a Swinton office in Coventry), had a moan mentioned the cheap quote from DL, was told if my alloys were the same size as the steel wheels and offical toyota ones, which they are it was ok

I also got the second type of brakedown cover (£60) for halfprice, total cost for me(1NCD) and the learner G/F(2 months!) £664.25 (Fortis)

The DL quote was 678.30 and that didn't include any breakdown cover, I'm quite chuffed ;)