Sound System

Hey guys just passed my test and glad to say my 1st car is a starlet, I've wired up many sound systems in mates car so i know what im doing but im stuck! my amp wont ground anywhere! i dont know what the problem is has anyone got any ideas ? cheers :D

Hey guys just passed my test and glad to say my 1st car is a starlet, I've wired up many sound systems in mates car so i know what im doing but im stuck! my amp wont ground anywhere! i dont know what the problem is has anyone got any ideas ? cheers :D

In my car i had it earthed on a nut under my rear seats with abit of vasiline just to make sure, just scrapped some of the paint off to for a definate connection. Its worked perfect for me

:D

Cheers for the adive guys il try that i have tried a number of places similar u see the spark an all but then the amp just shuts down, I've tried 3 different amps now and 2 different wiring kits alot of ball ache! by any chance could it be to do with the battery? not giving enough juice ?

Cheers for the adive guys il try that i have tried a number of places similar u see the spark an all but then the amp just shuts down, I've tried 3 different amps now and 2 different wiring kits alot of ball ache! by any chance could it be to do with the battery? not giving enough juice ?

You say that you see a spark ?

Are you connecting the earth after the live is connected ?

Not sure tbh, wouldnt of thourght so tho ive got 1000+ amp and sub running off my battery and had no problem at all

ahhh wont be that then and yess conecting the earth after the live is conected to the amp, but that was never a problem in my mates golf gti and mates corsa :S so should i try earthing it then conecting the live ?

spent 2 bloody hours other day doing it! rattled my cage haha

Shouldnt really matter, i had my power on and messed around with the earth and it went on.....

make sure its all connected ok...power cable, 2 xRCA, blue remote wire, earth and amp > sub.....it should work if everythings connected up correctly.

Shouldnt really matter, i had my power on and messed around with the earth and it went on.....

make sure its all connected ok...power cable, 2 xRCA, blue remote wire, earth and amp > sub.....it should work if everythings connected up correctly.

well i wired this system up in my mates car and lent it him then when i got my car took it back wired it up identical like u said remote wire is conected power cable is fine and earth is fine just cant seem to earth it, it earthed for about 5 seconds then shut off and cant seem to get a conection anywhere now :D

Fuses okay on the amp? well am from levenshulme am free on wednesday if u still aint got it sorted by then. We can meet an al have a look?

yeahh well tried to seperate amps both fuses are fine 1st thing i checked,

ahh cheers mate that would be great well I've got day off work tomorow soo im going to give it a tinker if not il get hold of you mate! :D

and from stockport mate

A few years back i had a sony headunit & amps kept cutting out every now n then

Replaced with a pioneer & problem solved.

Headunits give out a voltage to the amps via the remote

Some are 3v some are 4v

Try to keep to 4v , Pioneer & kenwood work on 4v.

Most amps like 4v

So if your headunit is only giving 3v & your amps are 4v they can switch off.

Might sound stupid that 1v difference can cause so much hassle, But it can.

Everything sorted! num nuts here conected the remote wire to wrong wire from head unit :D haha but earthd it where u said and its all working fine now cheers :D 2nd thing is where could i wire my 6x9s upto got alpine type r's but dno wether to put them in ???

Everything sorted! num nuts here conected the remote wire to wrong wire from head unit :D haha but earthd it where u said and its all working fine now cheers :D 2nd thing is where could i wire my 6x9s upto got alpine type r's but dno wether to put them in ???

good you got it sorted mate :D

that was probably contributing to voltage drop or something similar...

personally i despise 6x9's.lol.get some decent 'round' speakers :D i have got some 2 x vibe SE60's in the front (modded holders to fit) and 2 high power APT tweeters pointing at my head from the roof - the sound quality is amazing!! hear things in songs you've never done before.

Its all ran off a vibe 4 channel slick a3. It produces 100 watts RMS per channel and is all very well matched.

have a think - as i said i hate 6x9's - being an old hanb at this.lol.