Model codes are EL44 and EL54, dependant on which generation. First being EL44 (91-95) and second is EL54 (late 95-99).

If you can get a few different wiring diagrams Gary, that would be great. Would be handy to have on the site.

I will do my best to look about for you. We have autodata at the garage so il have a little ask-about.

What are you looking for perticularly?

First, I have Autodata 3.18 on my laptop for work, which does not have any Pasoe wiring diagrams.

I need the wiring diagram for Engine Management, and Immobiliser as my beloved paseo is not sparking! Power going to dizzy; coil, leads & pick up coil all well within resistance levels, tried fitting a full dizzy off a car with only 20K. New Platinum plugs fitted, MIL Lamp NOT working, fuel pump operating

I had a similar problem with a car at the workshop a month or so ago. Have you checked the sparkplugs for sparking indevidually? Presumably your a mechanic (having Autodata on your laptop..) so you may have the right diagnostic equipment..

Other than that, the reason for the car that we had in was overfueling. Being that that was a Suzuki Grand Vitara... it was a real arse to work on. We checked everything and found to be overfueling, after cleaning the intake system we found the fuel sensor had got a bit gungey and was sensing too much air, thus pushed more fuel in.

Il see if there is anything about the net, I have never really needed a wiring diagram but would be useful to have.

We changed the engine as the old one had oil starvation issues -(previous owner fitting spurious incorrect one!) Changed all intake and fuel rail components from old engine(it was still going but very noisy) Started engine after refit, it run poorly then after putting the battery on overnight charge the car wouldn't fire at all done all the checks in previous post. I'm stumped as to the problem

After swapping the Ecu with one from a starlet, checking and cleaning all the earths I could find, then checking the signal from the transponder ECU, I put the original ECU back and i now have a MIL lamp. STRANGE!!!! (I was sure the ECU had been spiked) but NO fault codes???????? I then stole the new battery from the wifes celica to eliminate that, but Car is still not starting. Will post any further developments

I will ask about for you tomorrow and see if anyone at the workshop has any ideas on the problem. I hope you have got some progress on this. I am still searching for a wiring diagram.

• 1 month later...

Paseo update, found faulty fp relay (using the Starlet 4e-fe wiring diagrams) but car had to be towed to get it started. It still wont idle, but it will keep running whilst there is a bit of throttle held!

• 2 months later...
Paseo update, found faulty fp relay (using the Starlet 4e-fe wiring diagrams) but car had to be towed to get it started. It still wont idle, but it will keep running whilst there is a bit of throttle held!

I know it's silly question but is the distributor adjusted correctly? Also did you check your air hoses to make sure they were run correctly?