J Performance Exhaust?

Hi all. In desperate need of an exhaust for my Glanza. The Kakimoto system that came with the car has little holes starting to form in places where it has rotted through. Also the baffles have fallen out so sounds a bit like a tractor. It's also covering the back end of the car in soot which is a pain when you have just cleaned it. I will be selling the car in July/August so dont want to spend mega bucks on an exhaust. I was planning on buying a Blitz system but they cost a bomb! I seen the J performance exhaust on the TM Developments site and wondered what you guys thought of them. Also, If anyone on here has this system fitted to thier Glanza, what was fitment like and how do they sound? Thanks in adance, Lee.

i just recently fitted one to my glanza rep mate. with fitment mine sits off the part in the bumper . site to the right a bit but could be because its an n/a with the engine conversion so dunno if the hangars on the shell are in a diff place.

regarding sound i think mine sounds good. it sounded alot more quiet when i first fitted it tho and now is quite loud although there are no holes. dunno if thats normal for exhausts as i have never had a new one. im working on trying to get a vid of it for another member so if i ever manage i can send u the vid too.

also take the baffle in the backbox out as mine started rattlin but its only 1 10mm bolt so about 30 seconds should see it out.

overall it seems a good system so far and was easy to fit. took me about an hour in the rain. was not amused :lol:

Fitted this system beginning of the week, really happy with it. Gasket and bolts included, fitting was spot on.

Idle is as stock, up till 3k its all quiet after that its a nice deep tone. Feel it pull more freely in the higher rev range

This is with the baffle fitted. I got a vid on YouTube. On my iPhone now so can't look it up for you.

Too right!

The reason I asked about performance was I think the J Performance system goes a larger pipe diameter further up.

So if run on a standard 4efte would there be any loss or gains over standard.

Standard system is pretty nippy.

Do you know the pipe diameters for the J Performance?

Joz

My jap speed is a 2.5 inch bore from the down pipe to the next pipe that goes over the axle, that pipe that goes over the axle goes to 3 inch bore, same with the back box.

Sure it's the same as the jperformance ones. tbh the jperformance ones look identical and have the same advert for them just a different name.

My jap speed is a 2.5 inch bore from the down pipe to the next pipe that goes over the axle, that pipe that goes over the axle goes to 3 inch bore, same with the back box.

Sure it's the same as the jperformance ones. tbh the jperformance ones look identical and have the same advert for them just a different name.

How do you find it and would you recommend as seems best available bang for buck?

What setup are you running?

Cheers

Joz

The only thing I don't like is the tail pipe. 4.5 inch or something like that.

But bang for the buck it's great like. Although I was thinking of the hks silent hi power but thats just personal choice as I like quiet exhausts until you give em shit. This one isn't silly loud but it is loudish like.

My setup is a forged engine, hybrid td04, decat etc etc at 1.4 bar.

truly must say i don't get the part that people call this zorst loud(ish)

all you guys prob running without a cat? i stil have my cat in place, mot required here, and as you here on that vid it's really quiet.

Must say again it feels like it freed up some torque in the higher rev range. Oh yeah i also do have the baffle in place, gonna try without this weekend.

The tailpipe was SLIGHTLY out of line with my JAM rear bumper, only had to bend the brackets a touch.

Tailpipe itself is stupidly huge i must say, 4.5 inch indeed, but it fills out nicely in a jambumper so it's all good.

i have one on my ep82 and it sounds really nice and basey but the only problem is that its knocking of my back axle which is driving me nuts!! it must be the way it is made becouse i have seen the blitz nur spec and it sits miles away fro the axle but the japspeed is almost touching :lol: did you find this guys??? on low revs its knocks alittle bit but asoon as i put more revs on it goes away but the sound makes up for that so its no biggy.

i just recently fitted one to my glanza rep mate. with fitment mine sits off the part in the bumper . site to the right a bit but could be because its an n/a with the engine conversion so dunno if the hangars on the shell are in a diff place.

regarding sound i think mine sounds good. it sounded alot more quiet when i first fitted it tho and now is quite loud although there are no holes. dunno if thats normal for exhausts as i have never had a new one. im working on trying to get a vid of it for another member so if i ever manage i can send u the vid too.

also take the baffle in the backbox out as mine started rattlin but its only 1 10mm bolt so about 30 seconds should see it out.

overall it seems a good system so far and was easy to fit. took me about an hour in the rain. was not amused :lol:

pm me your number if you want to get i vid sorted out, u dont stay to far from gemma, can easy be arranged, and yes its normal for an exhaust to do that :p

The Jperformance exhaust systems are superb and we do highly recommend them hence why we sell them, give a great look and performance is very good, this will flow plenty of power on a starlet so dont worry about future upgrades with this!

If anyone needs one drop us a message or there available off our website.

Kind Regards,

Nick Jones

Tuning Developments LTD

Workshop Landline - 01925 822266

TuningDevelopments@Hotmail.com

www.TuningDevelopments.co.uk