Hitting Fuel Cut On Low Boost

hi im new to turbo'd cars so im not really sure on whats going wrong.

I have bought a GT turbo back in november, its been running fine until this last week,

i will accelerate and it will boost to about 0.4 fine and then when i get to the higher rev range it boosts all the way up to about 0.9 and hits fuel cut (and thats on Low boost).

When on high boost it boosts to 0.6-0.7 and then at the higher rev range again it boosts to about 0.9 again and hits fuel cut.

i thought it may have been the cold but today was quite warm and its still doing it.

Any ideas what my problem is?

Has the boost restriction been removed?

Any mods on the car?

I take it your running a boost gauge?

Gary

yes ive got a blitz boost gauge fitted and the only mods are a

rx-7 TMIC, De-cat, HKS panel filter and HKS back box but it has been boosting fine until this week.

im not sure if the boost restriction has been removed how do you check?

could it be a dodgy actuator?

I doubt this will have anything to do with it, but i did a service on my glanza, new oil, filter and plugs and the fuel cut stopped somehow and it now never does it :rolleyes:?

I doubt this will have anything to do with it, but i did a service on my glanza, new oil, filter and plugs and the fuel cut stopped somehow and it now never does it :rolleyes: ?

i just changed my oil and filter a couple of weeks ago but never changed the plugs. is it worth changing the plugs then? what is the code for them?

it's really up to you, im not sure if it will sort the problem. But doing a service on my glanza did fix the Fuel cut problem out

i bought NGK Iridium Spark Plugs with a heat range of 7

there are other factors that contribute to fuel cut other then what i have mentioned. What have u changed since u started getting fuel cut?

it's really up to you, im not sure if it will sort the problem. But doing a service on my glanza did fix the Fuel cut problem out

i bought NGK Iridium Spark Plugs with a heat range of 7

there are other factors that contribute to fuel cut other then what i have mentioned. What have u changed since u started getting fuel cut?

just changed the oil and oil filter but it was running fine for the first week after that.

I never drove the car for 3 or 4 days and then when i drove it after that the boost just seems to be creeping right up at higher revs.

Its weird it holds the boost solid at about 0.4 for most of the revs and then when you get up to high revs it just boosts right up to the fuel cut limit

Changing the oil shouldn't make a difference to fuel cut surely, must be a coincide in that case.

But I am led to believe the GT doesn't have the hi-lo boost solenoid? or i'm just plain ignorant.

Getting a HKS adjustable actuator will allow you to wind down the boost, to stop fuel cut by setting it slightly lower than current. I wouldn't recommend a air filter re-location as this will only encourage the fuel cut. As in regards to spark plugs I always use NGK grade-7 as my car is mildly tuned.

Changing the oil shouldn't make a difference to fuel cut surely, must be a coincide in that case.

But I am led to believe the GT doesn't have the hi-lo boost solenoid? or i'm just plain ignorant.

Getting a HKS adjustable actuator will allow you to wind down the boost, to stop fuel cut by setting it slightly lower than current. I wouldn't recommend a air filter re-location as this will only encourage the fuel cut. As in regards to spark plugs I always use NGK grade-7 as my car is mildly tuned.

i wil try getting an adjustable actuator then.

cheers guys