Launching, RPM Shifting

im lucky in the fact that i have a primitive launch control being an auto

i just stamp my foot on the brake, plant the acelerator then once the second boost light lights up i let go off the brake

gives me the perfect launch every time

with yours trip i guess its just a case of practice mate,

i have a qaufe diff + c160 waiting to go on but im loving the mid range i have with second gear on my auto since ive fitted the mani and gutted the cat

it doesn't matter, however i do it, i get spin.

if i accelerate slowly, then nail it, as soon as the boost comes on, the offside wheel lights up, no matter what you do.

im playing about with gradually bringing in the power, but you obviously lose time not planting your foot in first.

just comes on so strong and so surprisingly that it rips up the tarmac, as SOON as it spools.

annoying, buy hey! :huh:

I never really launch the car -- since I'm an upstanding law abiding citizen... but on the odd occasion when the need arises, like avoiding bullets in Drongan, then I just feather it it till I know I'm not going to spin up then nail it.

ye i think i need new tyres. as i said mine spins just trying to pull away normally but with full throttle, let alone launching, so the need has never actually arose.

i could buy a quaife lsd but its a little out of my price range. ;/

I'd like to go for a spin in auto and see that launch technique it sounds really good.l I have LSD and i'm rolliong on stock suspension but I also have on rubber all around Toyo T1-R..

I pull up handbrake get it going to drive at about 4000-5000 and drop the handbrake let go the clutch and accelerate..

Have you guys tried launching in low boost?

get a decent boost controller, set low boost low enough for the wheels not to spin up in 1st, then flick hi on and plant it in 2nd..

drag strip, get it just past biting point so its trying to lift with the handbrake on, green lights handbrake off and nail it.

again, all depends on tyres, turbo setup, boost setup for launching.

gear change wise, i can generally change at around 6.5-7k now with slightly extra torque. a standard ep would lose power over 5.5 - 6k i reckon.

this is for an lsd equipped ep.. never been in a non lsd equipped one so i cant speak for that :huh:

just takes a fair few runs up the strip to get the timing right.

• 2 months later...

dunno if this helps but i tried riding the clutch a little when takin off, stopped the wheels from spinning and seemed to take off. just change gear as quickly as you can. keep that boost up!!

i have to admit i have been fuked over a few times by slow changin or missing third :S lolol

• 2 weeks later...