I doubt many people will be able to answer my question but thought I might as well give it a shot.

Im currently living in japan but will be moving to the USA pretty soon. I've fallen in love with my glanza and would love to find a way to take mine back or maybe import one in the future. Does anyone have any ideas about shipping costs and what modification i would have to do in order to drive it in the US?

Thanks for the help.

I doubt many people will be able to answer my question but thought I might as well give it a shot.

Im currently living in japan but will be moving to the USA pretty soon. I've fallen in love with my glanza and would love to find a way to take mine back or maybe import one in the future. Does anyone have any ideas about shipping costs and what modification i would have to do in order to drive it in the US?

Thanks for the help.

I don't know about shipping costs but i do know that shipping to the states can be tricky! I was at SEMA a few years back and got talking to a few guys and one mentioned about importing a skyline. From what he was saying it was a complete pain in the arse! He said that the DMV department was long winded and there was alot of forms to fill out and he spent several days there sorting it out. He was also saying that any car imported to the states isn't allowed to have the engine in it???? i don't know how true this is/was? He was saying that any car imported can't have the engine in it. However its perfectly fine to import a car with no engine and have another crate next to the car with the engine in going to the same address :) Like i have said i don't know how true this is?

Might be worth getting on a few US car sites and seeing if there are people about that have imported something similar?

Jason :D

well i've heard skyline's aren't street legal in the states but im not sure. personally i hate the things. everyone and their mother has one over here.

but thanks for the info.

Are the Glanza's Street legal then? I thought anything that wasn't sold as standard in the states was not really street legal? Like i said dude it might be worth trying some US forums as not many people on here will know about importing to the states. Im sure there are loads of US/JDM import sites???

Jason

should be about 500-600 to get your car over to that states in a container of your choice.

laws are different from state to state where are you moving to in the states?

there are a few earlier ep82 gt turbos that have made the boat trip over. one is actualy for sale on tercel online.

ya just looked at the ep82 on tercel looks pretty nice.

im probably going to move to flordia or arizona but nothing is for sure at the moment. i think ill actually be able to get my glanza shipped for free curtousy of the US government which would be nice. I guess i just need to do a little research to find out how much it will cost to make it street legal.